Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need help configuring NT7 to retrieve 'NDX' data from TDAmeritrade/Thinkorswim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help configuring NT7 to retrieve 'NDX' data from TDAmeritrade/Thinkorswim.

Hi - I'm testing NT7, using Thinkorswim as the data feed. Looks good, works well except that for some reason, I can't get data for the Nasdaq 100 index, which on Thinkorswim is symbol 'NDX'. No problem getting the data on Thinkorswim charts, but nogo on NT7. I can retrieve Dow/SP500/etc index data for NT7, just not NDX.

Per this old thread(see post #2), I tried mapping NDX with TDAmeritrade, but it still doesn't work:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...008-ndx-symbol

I noticed in the symbol mapping table an NDX entry for a stock and a separate entry for the NDX index. Is this interfering?

I also tried ^NDX, ala NT7, but no surprise, this didn't work, either.

Ideas??

Thx...

It's TDA data feed, not ToS, which may be your problem.
    You need to find the TDA symbol, which is more difficult these days.

Comment

sledge is correct. The link you provided is for a ticket using Interactive Brokers as the underlying data feed.

You seeing both a stock and an index tells me that you typed 'NDX' into a chart. When NinjaTrader does not have a symbol in its database, it automatically creates a stock instrument. I would suggest that you delete the stock instrument so that it does not cause confusion with the index instrument.

Since the NDX index does not natively have mapping for TD Ameritrade, we'll need to add it. I was able to find the correct symbol mapping for the NDX index for use with TD Ameritrade - "$NDX.X". Follow these steps:
      • Disconnect from all data feeds
      • Tools > Instrument Manager
      • Locate and select the NDX index > edit
      • Misc tab > Scroll down to the 'Symbol map' section
      • Enter "$NDX.X" without the quotations next to TD Ameritrade > OK > OK
      • Restart NinjaTrader

Comment

Thanks, PatrickG - $NDX.X worked in the table. I then referenced this in the chart, using symbol '^NDX' and the chart filled in very nicely

I also deleted the dummy stock entry in the table, so only the index entry remains.

All set. I appreciate the quick response.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        sledge is correct. The link you provided is for a ticket using Interactive Brokers as the underlying data feed.

You seeing both a stock and an index tells me that you typed 'NDX' into a chart. When NinjaTrader does not have a symbol in its database, it automatically creates a stock instrument. I would suggest that you delete the stock instrument so that it does not cause confusion with the index instrument.

Since the NDX index does not natively have mapping for TD Ameritrade, we'll need to add it. I was able to find the correct symbol mapping for the NDX index for use with TD Ameritrade - "$NDX.X". Follow these steps:
        • Disconnect from all data feeds
        • Tools > Instrument Manager
        • Locate and select the NDX index > edit
        • Misc tab > Scroll down to the 'Symbol map' section
        • Enter "$NDX.X" without the quotations next to TD Ameritrade > OK > OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses