Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT data surveillance

Hello,

it occurs that NT is stucking and bars do not continue to move. This occurs on different pc and with NT8 and NT7.

So I want to add a little "indicator" that shows me if data is updating, or last bar is at "current time".

Is this possible? I have no idea now how to do. But I´m sure it will be possible (eg like "if time of bar=pc time..."?? or time of close of last 1-min bar is >= current pc time- 2 tmin...??)

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for your post.

I would suggest a better way is to observe the movement the candles on the chart themselves as well as observe the Bid/ask data in the chart trader (shown below the chart trader and labeled A: and B. You can also observe a time and sales window for its streaming movement and observe a market analyzer with the ask and bid and last columns.

If you wanted to create an on chart indicator, understand that it would update with an OnBarUpdate() so if your data is not coming in you would not get an OnBarUpdate(). If you are determined to create an indicator you could create one that adds a 1 tick series and then compare the timestamp of the last tick to the DateTime.Now() of your PC and then use whatever logic you wish to identify when something isn't meeting your needs but in my opinion, this would not be meaningful given the possible lack of OnbarUpdate() when something is wrong.

Perhaps other community members have encountered/considered this before and have other thoughts or inputs.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

thank you for your reply. Idea with TS is ok of course but as I have many charts I can not "read" the numbers, I need some tool with backcoloring.
      The 2nd idea is what I´m thinking but I dont know how to do. Even when working with NT for 10 years now I always have issues with time.
      Can you please give me a snippet about this?

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for your reply.

As you know we do not provide coding services. We provide assistance with ninjascript, the elements of time are not Ninjascript methods but are C# .net properties and methods. I will link you to several references to help you to work with time properties:

Compute date and time values. Get relative dates and call DateTime constructors and properties.

Here is a detailed tutorial on C# DateTime class and how to work with dates and times using C#.

Working with DateTime in C - The DateTime class in C# is used to represent date and time in C#.The following are some of the properties of DateTime in C# −Sr.NoProperty & Description1DateGets the Date component2DayGets the day of the month3HourGets the hour of the month4MinuteGets the minute of the date5MonthGets the month of

If you do an internet search I am sure you will find several other examples/samples of working with dateTime and timespans.

If you would like this created for you we can certainly provide references to 3rd party coders.

As a suggestion, you might want to add a 1 tick series and then subtract the timestamp of the tick bar to the current PC clock which is DateTime.Now.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes