micro emini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

micro emini

hello when i click instrument manager tab i dont see the new micro emini's on the list . Do I need to do a reinstall so I can see the new micros on the instrument manager list? thanks

NinjaTrader has added the new micro e-mini futures instruments into the NinjaTrader database. The symbols are as follows:
    • M2K = Micro E-mini Russell 2000 Futures
    • MES = Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures
    • MNQ = Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 futures
    • MYM = Micro E-mini Dow futures
    An uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. This is required even if you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.40. Please follow the following steps (this will not affect or remove your custom files or settings):
    • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
    Once installed, reset your instruments:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.

Comment

Are the micros available only to live brokerage accounts? I downloaded NT7 as a demo but I don't see them listed. Thanks

Comment

I would not expect you to see these new instruments in any instrument list by default. They must be added to an instrument list after following the steps above:
        • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left-hand corner
        • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
        • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
        • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
        • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.
        Also, we've heard reports from clients that CQG futures demos requested on Monday 05/06/19 or after have real-time data for these new micro instruments, however, demos requested prior to this date do not. We have not confirmed this, so if you could provide your data point for this that would be helpful.

Comment

Question: I'm referencing Patrick's response to adding the new micro e-mini's to the instrument manager. If I uninstall NJ7 and reinstall then won't I loose all of my custom indicators and custom chart settings and features I have added ???

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Edwards View Post
            Question: I'm referencing Patrick's response to adding the new micro e-mini's to the instrument manager. If I uninstall NJ7 and reinstall then won't I loose all of my custom indicators and custom chart settings and features I have added ???
            just to be extra safe you can do backup first (file>>utility>>backup) then even if everything blow up you can still restore all your stuffs. I did uninstall/reinstall on 2 machines np so far.
            Last edited by nkhoi; 05-11-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Following the steps I've provided will not remove or change any of your custom files or settings. Nkhoi is correct that you could create a backup if you want to be extra-sure. In general, making a backup whenever you've made major changes to NinjaTrader that you want to be sure not to lose is a good idea. Here is a help guide link on this topic:

Comment

Does anyone at Ninja know how to add the micros? I followed both instructions in both posts - nothing works.

Comment

The steps you need to follow will be dependent on which version of NinjaTrader you're using. I suggest that you contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can find out where the issue in on your end.

Comment

Micro E-mini futures will be listed on the customary U.S. Equity Index futures cycle with five official site concurrent futures that expire against the opening index value on the third Friday of March.
                    Last edited by Jennifer95; 07-23-2019, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryA View Post
                      Are the micros available only to live brokerage accounts? I downloaded NT7 as a demo but I don't see them listed. Thanks
                      I also have this problem. I have downloaded the new NT 7.40 gone to the instrument manager / Available master instruments. I have there the micro currency futures, MDAX, MGC etc but no MNQ. So is the MNQ available in Simulation or only if you have a live funded account. Thanks Lyn

Comment

All four new micro instruments should be added to your master instrument list if you follow the steps in post #2 precisely. If you've already performed these steps, I would recommend following them one more time making sure to follow the steps exactly.

If you still cannot find MNQ in your master instrument list, follow the steps in post #9 to contact us via email to find out what is occurring on your end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NRITV
                        by NRITV

Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
                        2 responses