Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Placement questions.

I am using NinjaScript.

I have a need to place orders which are not subject to the internal order handling rules. Specifically. If I am long 10 contracts and wish to place an order to sell 11, I wish to place an order to sell 11 without regards to my current position. I do not want to sell 10 and then sell an additional 1 nor do I want to sell 10 and then sell an additional 11, I want to sell 11 ... for a net position of -1.

Here is some background, I wish to place many orders of selling X number of contracts at a time at different price levels without regards to how many I am long and without regards to how many orders I have outstanding. Sort of like clicking on the SuperDOM, where I click and how many contracts I want to sell or buy and at which price level.

Here are some questions that may help me understand why things are done the way they are within NT.

#1. Why does NT place two seperate orders when reversing a position?
    #2. Is there a method with which I can place an order that does not regard my current market position? (Such as PlaceOrder("BUY", Price, "Limit", NumberOfContracts) )
    #3. Is there a way to control the way the internal engine handles incoming orders ... bypass the internal handling rules?

Thanks,
    -Lars

You will not be able to place any order that are not covered by Internal Order Handling Rules. Signal tracking and much more can get messed up.

1. It is what it is for internal signal tracking.
    2. Not possible. If you are long 10 and want to sell 11 just put in a sell for 1 and it will close 10 and reverse 1. If you wanted to scale-out you need to scale-in and have multiple signal names to associate different scale-out steps to. Please see the reference sample titled "Scaling out of a position".
    3. Not possible.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post cls71
    by cls71