Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seek plot wisdom

Scenario:
    I am performing a log10 on a number. Mathematically everything works fine and computes the correct value and displays the plot correctly.

Issue:
    Visually in the panel when i get a large plot value (which I want to see) it causes the following plot bars to be squashed so they have no contrast and looks almost like a flat line unless I scroll the big number off the chart plot view then they pop back up. I could set a minimum and maximum value on the panel. I can also show the indicator in two panels. One panel with a minimum/maximum value and one without. Not fantastic but it does work. I was hoping for something more elegant. I understand what is happening and why. I just can't figure out a good solution for the issue. I want my cake and eat it too.

Question:
    Any recommended solution to my quandary? I know I need to reduce the value of the large plot but not sure of the best math logic to reduce it's value.

Cheers

Hello CT,

Thank you for the post.

From what you described I believe there would really only be two ways to mitigate the autoscale happening here. The first option is to just not include this bar in the autoscale as it is X % off the average value. You could do this by overriding the GetMinMaxValues method and then using logic to exclude this bar, for example using an average to find the current average price and checking the bars price against that. This is not a documented override for 7 but you can find a sample in the ZigZag indicator.

The other approach would be to not create this value as the plots final value, you could use some form of logic to constrain or otherwise limit the maximum value that can be displayed. For example, if price values were being used, you could set a max of 4 ticks off the current price or some price-related static value to know that the value has reached the extent or beyond, but would not affect the scale in a large way.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse

My favorite superstar Ninja Support person. Some of what you suggested I had tried but other parts of what you have suggested would improve it. I can reduce the extreme plot and color it differently so I know it has been truncated or cropped.

I would also like to express, Duh!, Doh!, and facepalm. LOL.

Many thanks from the far side of the planet.

Cheers
      Last edited by ct; 04-01-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post yertle
      by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes