Issue with Rythmic futures feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Rythmic futures feed

I am recently testing the Rythmic futures data feed after using IQFeed for a long time. Two things that I'm seeing different relative to the IQfeed daily chart: there is less data on the rythmic chart- the daily bars are smaller and there are gaps. 2. The real time quotes are not active on the daily chart even though they are functioning correctly on the smaller time frames. Have you heard of this happening before? I'm wondering if I need to make an adjustment but I can think of what to do.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Please first try refreshing all of your historical data. Close out of Ninjatrader> Navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db > Delete the cache, day, minute, and tick folders > Start NinjaTrader and connect to Rhythmic and test again.

If this does not solve the issue, could you please post screenshots of what you are seeing on your PC? To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool. Click here for instructions

I look forward to assisting further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried what you recommended but it didn't work. As you can see from the photo it is not updating the chart in real time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Are there any errors in the log tab of your Control Center when you try to pull up this chart? It looks like you are viewing the CL, please confirm that you have pulled up the CL 05-19 instrument. Also, what does the chart look like when you pull up a 1440 minute chart?

I look forward to your reply.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There are no errors in the log. This is the CL continuous contract. When I pull up the 1440 min chart it too is not actively reading real time data.

Comment

Hello Ham Sandwich,

Rithmic does not support continuous contracts. (nor do most brokerages connection types supported with NinjaTrader, while some data feeds do)
            You will not be able load continuous contracts or place orders to continuous contracts.

If no real-time ask and bid prices are appearing in Chart Trader or the SuperDOM with the CL 05-19, this may indicate there is no real-time data subscription for this instrument with your broker.

Have you confirmed with your broker that you have a real-time data subscription for this instrument?

With NinjaTrader 7, Rithmic Daily bars are recorded as RTH (regular trading hours). IQFeed is recording with ETH (extended trading hours).
            Daily bars come fully formed from the provider and the Session template can not be applied to charts that use Daily data.
            The gap is the difference between these trading hours.
            Using a 1440 minute chart would create a day sized bar (there are 1440 minutes in a day) formed with minute data which does allow the session template to be applied.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post GLFX005
            by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM