Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim orders not working

Good morning.

I am trying to sim trade the YM. My orders do not appear on the chart, which is set to "Markers Only." An error message has come up reading, "Live Data. There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine. affected Order: Sell 1 Market." Market data is appearing on my charts as normal. Can you tell me what is going on and what to do about it? Thanks. Breen

Addendum: I have just disconnected and reconnected my live and historical data to see whether that helped. Now my UniRenko chart is showing incoming data, but my 2-minute has not shown any activity since I disconnected. ??? Thanks. PBreen

Comment

Last addendum: I have just closed the program and re-opened it. Things are working now. I had left NT7 on overnight to capture what was going on in case I wanted to look at it during a period of insomnia. Is there a way to avoid this problem, or shall I just close NT in the evening and begin anew whenever I get to the computer? Thanks. Breen

Comment

PBreen,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20190326.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20190326.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I will have to send the files along later. The trading computer is never attached to anything but Kinetick, so they must be copied and moved to this one on a USB drive. Will get to it as soon as the day slows down.

Incidentally, there was a period yesterday when clicking "Buy Market" or "Sell Market" not only closed the existing trade but opened a new one in the opposite direction, like the "Rev" button. Thought at first that I had accidentally double-clicked or that the mouse had begun to send extra characters, but the anomaly went away when I closed and re-opened NT. FWIW.

PB

Comment

For any users who come across this thread seeking further information, we do recommend restarting the platform every day and do not support using the platform for multiple days without restarting.
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
            1 response
            0 likes