Time zone error in tick-bar chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time zone error in tick-bar chart

I recently imported data for the Soybean Oil (ZL) contract and the time zone is incorrect when using a tick-bar chart. For me, the local time is EST. It looks like the time-bars are in EST and the tick-bars are in CST. I need all of my charts in EST.

Specifically, when I render the data in a time-bar chart the open for any given day is at 10:30 am and the close is at 14:15 (correct) but when I render the data in a tick-bar chart the open is at 9:30am and the close is at 13:15 (incorrect).

I'm not having this problem with any other CME instruments. Why is this occurring and how do I fix it?

-Lou

the data you import must be in the timezone you are in; you should make sure it's exported in eat timezone
    mrlogik
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

mrlogik,
      This shouldn't matter for backtesting. I've constructed both tick bars and minute bars based on the imported data. Each set of bars should be in the same time zone.

But you've brought up an important point. I thought that NT was somehow adjusting my imported data for EST. I guess not. But, I'll wait to hear from one of the NT support people b/f trying anything.

-Lou

Comment

Hello Lou,

Mrlogik is correct. Please ensure the exported historical tick data uses EST timezone.

If so and the issue persists, please send me your historical data text file.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think I figured out what was happening. My historical data is in CST. But my IQFeed data is in EST and IQFeed must have been overwriting the historical minute bar data. So, I had tick charts in CST and minute bars charts in EST.

Thanks,
          Lou

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses