Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Error

Hello -

When trying to import a strategy to NT7 I receive the following error. Any suggestion on how to clean this up? Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 7:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Dennis...when I go to the Tools Menu I don't show Edit NinjaScript menu. Is there something I am not seeing. Thanks

Comment

Hello TPCMAN,

Thank you for your response.

Please reach out to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 2071011' in the subject line so I may schedule a remote support session with you.

Comment

Hello TPCMAN,

We have not received a note from you to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com on this matter.

The option to Edit NinjaScript is not available for the Free License Key. You would need to use the Simulation License Key to access the Exit NinjaScript option.

Please reach out to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may assist you with this matter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH