Can't connect to CQG feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to CQG feed

Hi - for some reason NT7 won't connect to my CQG feed today. It was working normally yesterday and I did not adjust any settings, only some chart drawings.

I tried manually connecting and get an error message "Login failed: An Unspecified Error Has Occurred, Please Contact Support Desk" which is not too descriptive.

Is there something I need to do?

I received the same message tonight as well. It was working okay during the day. Is this an issue with CQG or Ninja? thanks

Comment

jtrading82,

Thanks for posting.

We have seen this error previously relate to an expired version of the platform in use. What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

If older than 7.0.1000.37, we advise that you upgrade and then reset the instruments as a troubleshooter.

First, to upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:

1. First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      2. Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      3. Enter your license key and press Submit
      4. Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
      5. Select 'Download'
      6. Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:

1. Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
      2. Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
      3. Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same problem here

NT7 worked fine this morning, but when I attempted to start it tonight, had the same problem trying to connect to CQG.

Tried to download latest version of NT7, but it hangs when it starts to install. Shows some kind of installer command line stuff that I have never seen before in the many years that I have used NinjaTrader. Uninstalled NT7 and still the same - no joy. Downloaded the older version and installed it with no problems, but it wouldn't connect to CQG either. Any other suggestions?

Thought it may be my machine, so I re-downloaded NT8 and installed it with no problems.

Comment

40Below,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20180103.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20180103.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Drew, upgraded from 35 to 37 and it is working now for me

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes