Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trace file gets huge with Market Replay

Hello,

I am working with NT support on this but I thought that I would also ask the community if there were any ideas about what might going on.

I have been running CL on market replay for about 6 weeks now using an automated strategy. The time period I was testing was June - Nov 2017. I had run no less than 15-20 tests without issue when my testing came to a halt. Everything was going fine and then suddenly my Market replay would freeze after about 3 weeks of testing. After some research, I discovered that my HD was full because my trace file was huge. After further testing, I discovered that every week of market replay would enlarge my trace file by about 15GB. I sent my trace and log files in to NT and emailed the issue to the automated strategy developer. NT support is researching the issue and the developer is to get back with me after the hollidays. He did mention that I should revert my NT7 back to version 35 or 36 to see if the issue continues. I changed nothing drastically different in my automated settings.

Just wanted to see if any of you had encountered the same issue or had any other ideas.

Thanks,

Steven

What exactly is in the trace file? Is the developer dumping out volumes of data?

Open it up and look, try using TextPad which you can get online, or NotePad++.

I only have 13KB in NT8 trace file for 3 years of Playback of ES .. 856 trades.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post chbruno