Error running ninjascript strategy from Strategies tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error running ninjascript strategy from Strategies tab

Something must be happening cause the new year.
    If you try to run a Strategy from Strategies tab as usual, you will get this non-sense message:

"From" date needs to be smaller than "To" date

As you know, in the box to set a new strategy is not even a single date field to fill. Please let us know how to fix it. Fortunately, we can run a strategy from the Chart yet.

Thanks!

Hello pstrusi,
    Thanks for your post.

That message is not nonsense and is quite literal. You will need to make sure the "From" date occurs before the "To" date.

What dates are your using for the "From" and "To" fields?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh, thanks for your quick attention.

If you go to Strategies-Tab, and try to run any strategy from there, you'll get this weird message and you could see that there's NOT any date field in the box, so that's why my confusion. Obviously, that must be something internal related to the change of the year 2019. I don't know what to change cause every instrument is right.

Please let us know how to fix it
      Last edited by pstrusi; 01-01-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

This critical , non-sense issue continues. Please this requires urgent action. Try by yourselves in your front end with any strategy and you'll see it.
        Let us know how to fix it or perhaps release a new version. This needs attention right away.
        Thanks

Comment

pstrusi,

I am not able to reproduce this and I have seen no other reports of others experiencing this behavior. I suspect this is local to your machine and does not have any thing to do with the new year.

Does this occur if you remove all strategies from your strategies tab and enable just the SampleMACrossover strategy? Does this only occur with your custom strategy(s)?

Comment

Hi Josh,

This is from the VPS ( Speedytrading ) and I don't quite understand reasons of this.
            Unfortunately, this is occurring also with SampleMA.Crossover strategy. Markets will start soon and I wouldn't have time for a clean reinstall. I'll keep searching for reasons/solutions, if found it I'll ket it know.
            Thanks

EDIT: Josh, perhaps you should try again. I've just trying from another pc in my home with the same issue !! So, please check it out!

2EDIT: Josh, what I suspect is this. If you request a Strategy Analyzer right now, you could see in the timeframe box the "From and To". Right now, since today is 1-1-2019 but the data saved it's until 12-31-2018, some default set for strategies-tab keeps that way, and that should be the probable cause. You'll see that tomorrow it's not any issue at all
            Last edited by pstrusi; 01-01-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

pstrusi.

Are you confirming that the "Start date" being used did not occur before the "End date"?

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Comment

Josh, I've written last night in the last edit update, I've realized that was an issue that will last a couple of hours cause as soon the new data will come with the new year, the internal timeframes dates would be normalized once again. The issue is no longer several hours ago.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able  
                Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes