Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$NAS100 empty chart

Hi,

I'm trying to open a chart of $NAS100 CFD with ninjatrader7 and Interactive Brokers. I have no problem with ninjatrader8, but with version 7 (7.0.1000.38) the chart is empty. After a minute loading data... the chart remains empty. I've tried to add symbol map IBUST100||||USD (like NT8) but then an error emerges "error on loading chart data...".

Is $NAS100 CFD only available on NT8? Should I use a special configuration for NT7?

TWS version is: 960.2g

Thanks.

This may be a limitation of NinjaTrader 7, however, we can try a few things to see if we can get it to work. Please clarify - when you added IBUST100||||USD to the Interactive Brokerage mapping for NAS100, were you connected to Interactive Brokers? Did you already have instrument loaded anywhere within NinjaTrader like an instrument or chart window?

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

I have upgraded NT7 to last version, and I have reseted instruments.

I have added $NAS100 to instrument list disconnected from IB, and no charts opened. Then I've opened a chart for NAS100 and it's still empty, after loading data for a moment nothing happens. Any other ideas?

Comment

I am also unable to successfully map this instrument in NinjaTrader 7 so it appears this is unfortunately a limitation of NinjaTrader 7. You'll need to use NinjaTrader 8 to receive CFD data from Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Thank you!
          Happy New Year!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
          19 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Radano
          by Radano