Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received position for unknown symbol log error

Hi,
    When my limit order is hit, NT8 keeps locking up? The error I get in the log tab says (Received position for unkown symbol 'CMENQH9', account 'XXXXXXXXXX'). The X's are my account number. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Hello woodyfox,

Thank you for writing in.

This sounds like probably faulty instrument mapping. First, make sure you're on the current version of NinjaTrader 8. Your version number can be found under Help > About. The current version is 8.0.16.3 - if you are not on this version, please upgrade.

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Once complete, you will also want to reset your instruments to update mappings and expiry information. To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
    • First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    • In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate.... But unfortunately it still freezes up! I already had the updated version and it was a new install. All three buttons under General properties are checked. Any other suggestions to fix this?

Comment

Hello woodyfox,

Thank you for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello, I am having a similar issue. How did you resolve this? Thank you

Comment

Hello i am having similar issue as well. Was there ever any resolution to this?

Comment

Hello iamjaime89 ,

Thank you very much for your post.

If the instrument reset did not resolve this, please send me your log & trace files and I can best assist you further.

As this can be caused by a variety of issues, the log files will help us in tracking the error down.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief note in the message referring to this post.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!​
              Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses