Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with volume indicators

Hello,

I have a problem with two indicators, which comes from the contract change on day 15, since then when I open the platform draws the indicators until 15/12 but from that day do not draw, start drawing them from that I open until I close, but when I reopen they only appear until the day 15/12.

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument are you viewing? For example, ES 03-18

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
      Interactive Brokers

What instrument are you viewing? For example, ES 03-18
      6E 03-18, 6B 03-18, 6C 03-18, 6J 03-18, 6A 03-18

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      It does not give me any error, it just does not draw the bars of the indicators is as if the volume were zero in that period of time.

Comment

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7 (7.0.1000.36). The newer version (7.0.1000.37) contains many critical updates to the database.

I would advise that you upgrade and then reset the instruments as a troubleshooter.

First, to upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

If the issue persists after the upgrade and reset instruments, please provide more details:

What indicator, specifically, is not functioning as expected? Is this a built-in or custom indicator?

What interval do you have selected for these charts? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 4 Range, etc.

Comment

I have already made the update and reset the instruments and follow the same problem.

What indicator, specifically, is not functioning as expected? Is this a built-in or custom indicator?
          They are two added indicators. Discotrading buy-sell pressure and Cluster Volume Indicator

What interval do you have selected for these charts? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 4 range, etc.
          I had selected 5 minutes, but I have been testing other configurations and I have detected another problem. I have configured the chart with candles of volume of 1000 of rank in 6E 03-18 and only draws me until day 15/12. Once I open ninjatrader starts to draw the candles but the period from 15/12 until now does not appear on the graph.

Comment

Interactive Brokers does not provide historical tick data to NinjaTrader, so any chart/indicator based on tick data will only appear in real-time. For example, tick data is used to build volume charts so it is expected when using only Interactive Brokers that you would not see historical data but only see real-time data for a volume-based chart..

Please review the 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' section of the following link to learn more about what data each provider supplies to NinjaTrader 7:

Were you ever connected to another data feed? Or have you always been connected to Interactive Brokers?

As a troubleshooting step, please delete your cache:
            • Shut down NinjaTrader.
            • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db folder.
            • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
            • Restart NinjaTrader and test.

After these steps, please right click on your chart and select 'reload all historical data'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by The_Sec, 04-16-2024, 02:29 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
            Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
            15 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins