download problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

download problem

I'm having trouble downloading the latest version of NinjaTrader 7. It keeps saying it can't find file tmpC8CA.tmp I turned off the firewall for all NinjaTrader. Thanks

This is after downloading from our website and running the setup.exe file? If not, could you elaborate at what point in the process that this error occurs?

Comment

Setup.exe runs fine. then the wizard comes on and i press confirm installation. microsoft asks to install it says its installing then it stops and says "click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'tmpC8CA.tmp' in the box below." and this file is not on my computer. I am a few versions behind, do I need to be on the prior version for it to work?

Comment

when i press ok it says " the older version of NinjaTrader7 can not be removed. Contact your technical support group."

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

You also cannot uninstall NinjaTrader via the Control Panel? If you have not tried yet, please follow these steps:
          • Close all running applications.
          • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
          • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
          • Reboot your machine.
          • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
          If the issue persists, download and run the Microsoft Fix It tool:

The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter helps you automatically repair issues when you're blocked from installing or removing programs.

Comment

Microsoft fix worked! But how do I get all my custom indicators and strategies that I've written to be there? I saved the indicator file and the strategy file before I deleated everything but when I put them back in the bin/custom file nothing is showing up when I run Ninjatrader.

Comment

I got it to recognize the inticators but none of them are loading on the chart? It's like I have to compile them all again??? I have hundreds. Is there a better way to fix this?

Comment

To clarify, I did not instruct you to delete the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder which is where you files would have existed. Did you delete this folder as part of the process? If so, I would expect a lot more than just your custom NinjaScripts to be missing - your connections, license key, workspaces, etc. would all be missing as well.

To answer your question directly, you need to compile if you are manually placing NinjaScript files into your NinjaTrader folders:
                • From the Control Center select the Tools> Edit NinjaScript> Indicator.
                • Select ANY indicator and press 'OK'.
                • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                • If no errors appear, the import should be complete.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes