Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Data from IB

HI,

I am trying to connect to CQG for futures data and to IB's Gateway for stock data and broker services. As described elsewhere, I connect to CQG first and to Gateway as second connection. I am getting a futures data stream and I'm also able to trade futures using the IB account. But I don't get stock data, so Control Center does not accept any stock orders although I can see all my stock positions in the Control Center.
    What do I need to do?

Thanks

Hello Loki45,

If you solely connect to Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader, do you then receive realtime data and are you able to submit orders?

Please note that Gateway is not officially supported with NinjaTrader 7. The connection guide for NinjaTrader 7 only refers to TWS. The connection guide for NinjaTrader 8 refers to both TWS and Gateway.

If the issue remains, I suggest to install TWS 960.2g and check if the issue remains when connected to CQG first and IB second.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In trying what you suggested, I found out that on one of my machines NT receives stock quotes via both TWS and Gateway connections, and on another machine it does not, neither via TWS nor Gateway. I can't see a difference in the setup between both machines, especially not in how the connection parameters are set. Is there something in the Control Center that needs to be "turned on" in order to receive stock quotes?

Comment

I think I found it out. In the instrument editor, all stocks need to have an exchange specified, in addition to "Default". on my machine where stock quotes are displayed, that happened automatically somehow in the past. On the other machine, no exchanges are assigned to stocks. I have no idea why that is the case, and doing that now for some 30+ stocks is quite tedious.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes