Realtime Error Handling and stop-loss order rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realtime Error Handling and stop-loss order rejection

Hi -- I've recently had some problems with some stop-loss orders being rejected, but instead of implementing what I understand to be the default behavior (stop the strategy, cancel any remaining working orders, and then close any open positions managed by the strategy by submitting one "Close" order for each unique position) -- I'm still in the market, and have to manually close my position, usually at a substantially worse loss.

I use Chart Trader, mostly -- how can I check to see if Error Handling is set at the default behavior?

Thanks!
    Jim

Hello indy73,

Welcome to the support forum.

I wanted to gather further information on your question.

Can you tell me, when this happens do you see a close order being submitted and filled leaving you in a partial position, or is it that there is no close happening and the original position is just left there?

Also, you noted that you use chart trader mostly, are you saying you use chart trader to close the position that is left remaining?

Could you provide more details on what you are seeing in the user interface when this happens?

Also if you have a specific example of when this occurred and have the details of the order such as the time we could look over the log to more closely look at what was submitted. If that is the case, please send an email to platform support [at] ninjatrader.com with your log and trace files. You can send these files using the platforms help -> mail to platform support option.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post terofs
    by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
    1 response