Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions ofr the experts

Scenario:

I draw a Fibonacci circle using time not number of bars. I also select divide price time separately so I get an ellipse instead of a circle.

Question:

If I specify a time and there is no bar at that time on what value (Time I specified or the closest bar it found) does it use to calculate the ellipse? During the RTH session it looks fine as there is plenty of volume and bars but in Globex in the middle of the night when it is slower I may not get bars as often.

I will sometimes draw multiple of these circles using the same time distance with the anchor lines showing a different distance. The anchor line of the circle looks strange but its correct. I was not sure what values were used to calculate the actual ellipse/circle.

The user experience is I specify time but the circle is actually drawn internally using bars. If I move the circle by hand it keeps it same aspect or number of bars distance not time. Not a problem so much as wanted to understand things better.
    Last edited by ct; 07-30-2017, 02:00 PM.

I'd like to replicate this on my end so I can understand your inquiry in more detail. Could you give me an example of what time and what instrument I could apply a Fibonacci circle to where you would experience what you describe?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jeronymite