Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help appreciated by a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help appreciated by a newbie

I have a simple script I would like to import into Ninja 6.5 that would paint the bars different colors based on whether price were completely above, completely below or intersecting a moving average line. Here is my best attempt at the code:

if (High[0] < SMA(25)[0]) Bar Color = Color.Red;
    if (Low[0] > SMA(25)[0]) Bar Color = Color.Green;
    if (High[0] >= SMA(25)[0] && Low[0] <= SMA(25)[0]) Bar Color = Color.Black;

I would appreciate it if someone could check over the code and tell me what to do next so I can import this into Ninja, or provide me with an import file. Thanks so much.

Sorry, I don't follow. Please create a new indicator in Tools->New NinjaScript->Indicator, edit this indicator, compile it and you are ready to go. No need to import anything.

The help guide holds tutorials on how to create indicators from scratch.

Comment

Cannot find New NinjaScript

Please forgive my ignorance, but there are only 4 items under Control Center Tools. They are Instrument Manager, Historical Data, Account Connections, and Options. I cannot find New Ninja Script there or anywhere else.

Comment

You likely are on a free NinjaTrader Direct license which does not support NinjaScript. If you want to trade and use/edit NinjaScript you would to purchase a regular license.

Comment

Problems still

Thank you for pointing this out. I upgraded and was able to find the new NinjaScript item. I followed the wizard directions and inserted the code I posted earlier. I got this from reading some of the documentation examples. I get 3 compile errors, one for each line saying that a ";" is expected. Could you please look at the code and tell me what to do now. I never had problems like this with EasyLanguage or with writing QuoteTracker paintbars. My logic is simple and straight forward. I want to paint the bars one of 3 different colours based on the relationship of the closing price to a moving average. Thank you.

Comment

If you are referring to the code in your original post, that looks fine. Using NinjaScript assumes some level of C# programming understanding. The error that you come across falls into this category.

Here is a tip we wrote up to help debug your code - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3418
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ageeholdings  
            Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes