Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Time[0] and Time[1] not lining up with High[0]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time[0] and Time[1] not lining up with High[0]

I am having trouble with things lining up correctly. I have adding a data servies of 1 day bars. The chart is 60 minute chart.

As can see in my code, I using barsproress of 1, which is the 1 day bars series.

I am calculating the pivot for yesterday for hpivot. I then calculate the next day after to draw the pivot. This works fine thus far.

I then have a high, low, close, open, Time[1] and Time[0] lines being drawn on the chart. Screenshot of the lines attached.

The red vertical line is Time[1]. Blue vertical is Time[0]. Since these are day bars, when I use Open[0], then it should be opening close to the red line. But as you can see the purpose line (Open[0]) is the open of 4 bars after the red line.

I am using the Forex template, which is setup using its defaults.

I have included the code below that made the attached screenshot.

What am I doing wrong that the Open, High, Low, Close is not falling within Time[1] and Time[0]?

By the way, I trying to port the code from NT7 to NT8. So in NT7 it works just fine with no problems. After I ported it to NT8, now it is not working as designed. I add this in case it helps with diagnosis.

Thanks
    Stearno

Code:
    	if (BarsInProgress == 1)
    			{  
    				hpivot 			= 	(High[1]+Low[1]+Close[1])/3;
    				PivotBegin		=	Time[1];
    				PivotEnd		=	Time[0];
    				CurrentDayBegin	=	(CurrentBar - Bars.GetBar(Time[0]))+1;
    				CurrentDayEnd	=	CurrentDayBegin - barsinaperiod+1;

//Print(hpivot +" "+ CurrentDayBegin +" "+ CurrentDayEnd +" "+ PivotBegin +" "+ PivotEnd);
    Print(CurrentDayBegin +" "+ CurrentDayEnd +" "+ PivotBegin +" "+ PivotEnd);
    //Draw.Line(this, "MissedPivotAlways"+k, false, CurrentDayBegin, hpivot, CurrentDayEnd, hpivot, Brushes.Orange , DashStyleHelper.Dash,1);
    //Draw.Line(this, "Close"+k, false, PivotBegin, Close[0], PivotEnd,  Close[0], Brushes.Blue , DashStyleHelper.Solid,1);
    //				k++;

if(hpivot > High[0] || hpivot < Low[0])
    					{
    Draw.Line(this, "Low"+k, false, PivotBegin, Low[0], PivotEnd, Low[0], Brushes.Yellow , DashStyleHelper.Solid,1);
    Draw.Line(this, "Open"+k, false, PivotBegin, Open[0], PivotEnd, Open[0], Brushes.Purple , DashStyleHelper.Solid,1);
    Draw.Line(this, "High"+k, false, PivotBegin, High[0], PivotEnd, High[0], Brushes.Red , DashStyleHelper.Solid,1);
    Draw.VerticalLine(this, "CurrentDayend"+k, Time[0], Brushes.Blue);
    Draw.VerticalLine(this, "CurrentDayeg"+k, Time[1], Brushes.Red);
    //Print(hpivot +" "+ High[0] +" "+ Low[0]);
    						k++;
    						Draw.Line(this, "MissedPivot"+k, false, CurrentDayBegin, hpivot, CurrentDayEnd, hpivot, DayPivotColor , DashStyleHelper.Solid,2);
    						StoreMP(hpivot,PivotBegin); 
    						CalcButUnstored		=	false;
    					}
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stearno; 03-11-2016, 02:30 AM.

Hello stearno,

Thank you for your post.

If the Open should be used at the time of Times[1][1] then you need to set it then. Currently you are setting it when the following condition is true:
    Code:
    Will that condition always return true on the open of the day?
    You need to ensure the Open line you draw is truly the Opens[1][1] by drawing it as such.

A simple fix could simply be the following:
    Code:
    					{
    						Draw.Line(this, "Low"+k, false, PivotBegin, Low[0], PivotEnd, Low[0], Brushes.Yellow , DashStyleHelper.Solid,1);
    						Draw.Line(this, "Open"+k, false, PivotBegin, [B]Opens[1][1][/B], PivotEnd, Open[0], Brushes.Purple , DashStyleHelper.Solid,1);
    						Draw.Line(this, "High"+k, false, PivotBegin, High[0], PivotEnd, High[0], Brushes.Red , DashStyleHelper.Solid,1);
    						Draw.VerticalLine(this, "CurrentDayend"+k, Time[0], Brushes.Blue);
    						Draw.VerticalLine(this, "CurrentDayeg"+k, Time[1], Brushes.Red);
    						k++;
    						Draw.Line(this, "MissedPivot"+k, false, CurrentDayBegin, hpivot, CurrentDayEnd, hpivot, DayPivotColor , DashStyleHelper.Solid,2);
    						StoreMP(hpivot,PivotBegin); 
    						CalcButUnstored		=	false;
    					}

Comment

No, that condition is not always true, but thst is as design.

As to your second point, wouldn't I not need to do that for all of them (high, low, time, etc) ? And how could this be the problem because the code is inside the barsinprogress = 1, so it means that all references will be of the day candle.

I just remind thst this code works in Nt7 as it is. So unless that point that need to use the series reference inside the high low close bars?

If you say this still could be the problem I will put the series reference on all of them.

Thanks,
      Stearno

Comment

So unless that point that need to use the series reference inside the high low close bars?
        Correct, I would implement the specific calls like Highs, Lows, Closes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Correct, I would implement the specific calls like Highs, Lows, Closes, etc.
          I did as you suggested. That might have fixed it. Thanks. But I will look closely at it and come back if anymore questions. Thanks for your help.

-Stearno

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post AaronKoRn  
          Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes