Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Indicator using c# .NET -- indicators disappearing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Indicator using c# .NET -- indicators disappearing...

A couple quick questions:

1. Is it true Ninja no longer supports, officially or non-officially, .NET indicators and strategies?

2. Does any other developer using .NET DLLs as their avenue for Ninja development have any experience with an indicator disappearing on the chart? Ie, after a few bars, the entire thing disappears. Poof.

3. I've noticed that when I'm using my indicator, the bars themselves will go flatline -- meaning after a bar or two of bars coming in live, the ticks come in fine on the right axis, but the bars are all the exact same bars (same open, high, low close)?

Thanks for any advice or tips on this!

Jacko

Is it possible that you have a drawing item which is accidental drawing at price 0 due to an unassigned variable? If the autoscale is set to true of a drawing item and the price to draw is unknowingly set to 0 or an unreasonable number relative to the average price of the chart, the chart can flatten into a line to fit everything in. Your drawing object can then be so small that it is not visible.

Comment

Hello jackoonhisbacko,

Thank you for your inquiry and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

I am not exactly clear of what you mean about the first question. NinjaScript is based on C# which utilizes the .NET Framework.

When you say your indicator disappears, is it actually being disabled and removed from the chart, or does the plot disappear, yet the name of said indicator still shows at the top left corner of the chart? Do any messages appear in the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center?

Can you please provide a sample script that displays the behavior you are receiving for question 3?
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes