Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

bill william indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bill william indicators

reading bw trading chaos.

1. what is exactly 5/34 oscillator in a histogram format? is it the same as AO indicator?
    2. What is exactly the "signal line" in his chart? is it 5/34/5 MACD or bwAC?
    3. can anyone kindly share bill william's fractal indicator?
    Just downloaded bwAO indicator and bwAC indicator from Ninja but couldn't find other information.
    in general, how can i set up the same trading system as bill william mentioned in his book?
    thanks
    Last edited by peterhxu7; 04-06-2014, 01:33 AM.

Originally posted by peterhxu7 View Post
    reading bw trading chaos.

1. what is exactly 5/34 oscillator in a histogram format? is it the same as AO indicator?
    2. What is exactly the "signal line" in his chart? is it 5/34/5 MACD or bwAC?
    3. can anyone kindly share bill william's fractal indicator?
    Just downloaded bwAO indicator and bwAC indicator from Ninja but couldn't find other information.
    in general, how can i set up the same trading system as bill william mentioned in his book?
    thanks
    The Awesome Oscillator is a raw MACD, which is built from a SMA(5) and a SMA(34). In some cases you will find a signalline added, which is a SMA(5) of the raw MACD. The 5/34 oscillator is the Awesome Oscillator.

Linda Bradford Raschke uses the 3/10 oscillator, which is built from a SMA(3) and a SMA(10). She adds a signal line, which is a SMA(16) of the raw MACD.

You can build MACDs from any type of moving average. The chart attached shows a MACD with a signal line built from 3-pole Butterworth filters.

As to the fractals, you can use the Swing indicator that comes with NinjaTrader to display them. Bill Williams defines a fractal as a swing high or low with a swing strength of 2. This means that a swing high bar must have a higher high than the two preceding and the two following highs. A swing low fractal should have a lower low than the two preceding and the two following lows.
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks for your answer.
      As you indicated, a signal line is a SMA(5) of the raw MACD which is Awesome Oscillator. so how am i able to build a signal line of SMA(5) of Awesome Oscillator?

Comment

I have a version of the Awesome Oscillator coded, which allows to display a signal line (not shown on the chart but nevertheless available). It comes open source and is available here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

You will also find Bill Williams Acceleration/Deceleration indicator here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

If you do not have the required elite membership, please let me know via private message and I will send the indicators to you.

Comment

thanks harry. this is what i did. i added SMA(5) indicator to the chart and dragged it to AO indicator section. now i can see both AO and SMA(5) in the same section. is what i did correct?

Comment

Originally posted by peterhxu7 View Post
            thanks harry. this is what i did. i added SMA(5) indicator to the chart and dragged it to AO indicator section. now i can see both AO and SMA(5) in the same section. is what i did correct?
            This approach will also work, if you select the Awesome Oscillator as input series for the SMA(5).

Comment

Here is a chart of the Awesome Oscillator with the signal line included.
              Attached Files

Comment

i think i finally got it. the chart just look fine after i change the input to the series of AO

Comment

fractals

where can i get the williams fractals indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by humdesggg View Post
                    where can i get the williams fractals indicator?

Fractals are just swing highs and lows of a swing strength 2. You could use the Swing indicator that comes with NinjaTrader and set the strength parameter to 2.

The graphics is a little different with NinjaTrader. The first dot of the line would be the fractal.

Comment

Hello humdesggg,

Thank you for your post.

You can find the bwFractals attached to this post.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickH
                        How Can I Add this indicators on my ninja trader7?
                        i was copied this to x:\Users\****\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator
                        but i dont see any bw indicators on my nt7.
                        attach an Screenshot plz

Comment

Originally posted by wolf.051 View Post
                          Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickH
                          How Can I Add this indicators on my ninja trader7?
                          i was copied this to x:\Users\****\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator
                          but i dont see any bw indicators on my nt7.
                          attach an Screenshot plz
                          This bwFractals indicator has been tested and found to be working. Instead of the copying the file to the directory you indicated, you need to 1) save the file to a location where you know it will be, 2) use the NinjaTrader Import Script menus to import the indicator. (File, Utilities, Import NinjaScript, Select File is safe to use, Browse to file location, Select File, OK). Then you will find it in the list of indicators.

The only issue i see with the indicator is that it will litter the charts with a four digits & four decimals of prices at the location of the fractal instead of something simple like the up & down triangles.

Comment

Hello wolf.051,

Thank you for your post.

Joe is correct, you will download the file to your desktop > then select fIle > Utilities > Import NinjaScript in the NinjaTrader Control Center > then select the .zip file from your desktop > Open.

Comment

Awesome Oscilator

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                              I have a version of the Awesome Oscillator coded, which allows to display a signal line (not shown on the chart but nevertheless available). It comes open source and is available here:

You will also find Bill Williams Acceleration/Deceleration indicator here:

If you do not have the required elite membership, please let me know via private message and I will send the indicators to you.
                              Hello Harry

i am interested the Awesome Oscillator, i would be much appreciated to receive your version of the Awesome Oscillator.

Thanks in advance.
                              tysjnt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                              4 responses