Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator is a function of itself ... cannot make it work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect to purchase a subscription for other than EOD data.
    Will that make it possible for me to get the most recent closing bar data?

As requested in post#12 of this thread, and for the same reasons, I suggest that the feature be scheduled for inclusion in future NT versions.

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
      I expect to purchase a subscription for other than EOD data.
      Will that make it possible for me to get the most recent closing bar data?

As requested in post#12 of this thread, and for the same reasons, I suggest that the feature be scheduled for inclusion in future NT versions.
      Not in the Strategy Analyzer. If you want to handle intrabar data on a larger timeframe in the Strategy Analyzer, you will have to use a secondary timeframe with smaller granularity, as your execution timeframe.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Koganam,

I sincerely appreciate all the help I have received from you guys. I have doggedly pursued it because I didn't, and I still don't, understand why the information that was used to construct the last bar can't be simply used to do what I propose. But no matter, I will simply accept your very patient responses as definitive and move on.

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your patience.

You can use displacement to displace the last values forward: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...splacement.htm

Are you trying to extend your values infinitely into the future based on the average of the current value? Or just the current value extended our to the right in a Horizontal Line?

Comment

hi Patrick

I will play with 'displacement' and then probably be able to better respond with a description of what I am trying to do. i subscribed to real time data late yesterday so am overwhelmed at the moment with stuff to learn.

i will start a new thread when i need help regarding real time. at present i'm pawing around the Userguide language reference section to see if/how to calculate such things as yesterday's OHLC when using one minute bars....intending to use those values for today's real time calcs. Also i see a choice between minute and daily bars but nothing in between such as hourly bars? must i always use minute bars in real time?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your response.

For hourly bars you will use 60 minute, 120 minute, etc., hourly bars are built from minute bars.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Anfedport  
              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post iceman2018