Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

bill william's Awesome Oscillator indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bill william's Awesome Oscillator indicator

Thanks , i will give it a try
    Last edited by peterhxu7; 04-26-2013, 09:28 AM.

Originally posted by peterhxu7 View Post
    Is there anyone using AO and would 't mind sharing with me? i 've tried a few time to creat on my own but failed.
    thanks a lot
    A search in the Downloads section of this forum would have yielded this: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...&keys=1&ents=1

Comment

Awesome Oscillator:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Acceleration/Deceleration:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Comment

thanks a lot for your help . it work perfectly

Comment

two questions

Q1
          since AO is similar as MACD, shoudl i use AO only or both?
          Q2
          AO is 5/34 oscillator in a histogram format , now how can i add a 5 - bar average of the oscillator itself into the AO indicator to generate a signal line? In his book, there is a signal line crossing the histogram. How am i able to creat that signal line
          thanks.
          Last edited by peterhxu7; 04-26-2013, 11:41 PM.

Comment

MACD from Butterworth Filters

Originally posted by peterhxu7 View Post
            Q1
            since AO is similar as MACD, shoudl i use AO only or both?
            Q2
            AO is 5/34 oscillator in a histogram format , now how can i add a 5 - bar average of the oscillator itself into the AO indicator to generate a signal line? In his book, there is a signal line crossing the histogram. How am i able to creat that signal line
            thanks.
            You do not want to use both oscillators. One of them is enough.

In the end the Awesome Oscillator only is a MACD, with the two EMAs replaced with two SMAs.You then take the raw oscillator and calculate a signal line from the raw line. The oscillator here allows you to display the signal line as well.

http://www.bigmiketrading.com/downlo...load.html?view

You can further generalize the concept and build a MACD from any type of moving averages, not just EMAs or SMAs. There is a MACDUniversal available, which allows to calculate MACD and signal line from 27 different moving averages.

I've attached the indicators and will provide links as well. I'm also attaching a screenshot that shows both components of the smittyMASlopeMonitor more clearly than the previous post. The SmittyMASlopeMonitor indicator window has two main things it displays, which wasn't obvious from the original screenshot. It paints the background of the indicator window, which is either uptrend or downtrend. The other that thing that it prints is 5 moving averages. I changed the colors of the moving averages …

The chart below shows the MACD calculated from a 2-pole Butterworth(12) filter and a 3-pole Butterworth(26) filter, the signal line is generated as the EMA(9) of the raw MACD. Why limit yourself to using the EMA or SMA?
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
            0 responses