Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with Roundnumber Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Roundnumber Indicator

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following problem i have with the indicator Roundnumber http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...p=15&keyid=376

It works perfectly fine over CL futures and YM Mini Dow, however i cannot get it to plot over any Forex charts. I use Interactive Brokers as the data feed. I have tried every combination i can think of.

I want to plot various levels. I know this can be done via the right scale properties, but i want to vary the lines and colours at each level.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello Sakkers,

Thank you for your post.

Please attach a screenshot of your Forex chart that does not correctly display the RoundNumbers.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Attached is the AUD chart.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Sakkers,

Thank you for your response.

The RoundNumbers indicator is applying to the round numbers on the charts but for the AUDUSD it appears to go no further than the 2 digits after the decimal place. This is demonstrated in a video I created on this matter at the following link: http://screencast.com/t/nHdWZzyi

Changing this behavior will require editing the code for the indicator. You can follow up with the developer or try to custom code this edit yourself.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Patrick, haven't visited here for a while, love the freedback via the video.

Comment

Hi Patrick, in the video you actualy had the indicator plot some lines albeit with limitations, I can't get any line to show. Can i ask the format of the numer or numbers you entered in the indicator window "1. Numbers Ending in:" ?? I can't repeat what you got on the screen.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Sakkers,

Thank you for your response.

I did not enter any values in the Number Ending field, which resulted in lines plotted at X.01, X.02, X.03, etc. Unfortuantely, with Forex instruments it will be hard to specify every .XX25, .XX50, etc. as the values can only be digits and not wildcards such as * or X. So values such as 1.0110, 1.0120, etc. are not possible.
              This Indicator will need to be edited to properly plot lines for Forex instruments.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Ashkam, 04-29-2024, 09:28 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Ashkam
              by Ashkam

Started by nightstalker, Yesterday, 02:05 PM
              1 response
              0 likes