Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with Oscillator of Two Indicator Plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Oscillator of Two Indicator Plots

I need an oscillator that plots the difference between the line plots of another indicator.

The existing indicator is named EXSTIND with two line plots PLOT1 and PLOT2.

The new indicator would plot an oscillator of the difference between PLOT1 and PLOT2.

Is it possible to have it written so I can search & replace the above names with the actual names?

Just to clarify, are you asking if it's possible to do that, or are you asking someone to write this indicator for you?

(if your question is the former, it is possible)

Comment

Yes, and what do you think would be a reasonable price for that?

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

I'm not sure what a fair price for that would be, but if what you want is really just as a simple as getting the difference between two indicator plots, that is a pretty simple indicator (as long as the indicator you want to get the plots from allows you to access those plots with code).

Comment

A simple histogram/bar graph would suffice, but if could be written as -100/100 oscillator, then that might be better.

What is the best way to determine if the two plots can be used?

Comment

Keep in mind that I'm a novice myself when it comes to this, so there may be a better way, but I would just open any indicator in the NinjaScript editor, navigate to OnBarUpdate(), type the name of the indicator whose plots you want to access followed an open parenthesis, a close parenthesis, and a period, and then scroll through the Intellisense menu that pops up and look for the name of the plots you want. If they are in that menu, I think you have access to them. See my example below, using an indicator named INDICATOR_X:

OnBarUpdate()
            {
            INDICATOR_X().
            }

Once you have the above typed, the menu should pop up. You don't have to compile it or anything, just look for the menu.

Comment

Radical, I first followed your instructions with a system indicator, and the Intellisense menu appeared as you described. Then I tried the desired indicator. No menu appeared, but some error messages appeared at the bottom. The other thing is that the desired indicator doesn't appear in the Edit Indicator list of available indicators, but I can apply it to my charts from the indicator list. So it appears I can't do what I want.

Thanks for trying!

Comment

Yup, no problem. I guess the only suggestion in that case would be to contact the vendor (or whoever wrote the indicator) and see if they would be willing to make the modification you're looking for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post JoMoon2024  
                Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Massinisa