Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator for visible bars only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator for visible bars only

can you think of another way I can program it so I'd be able to scroll and see the rays being drawn one at a time, with each new bar, instead of all at once? I have tried to accomplish this by changing the end date of the data to get one new day at a time and see the effect but that takes such a long time. scrolling would be the best.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by stockgoblin; 04-22-2012, 08:17 AM.

Originally posted by stockgoblin View Post
    Hi, I have a custom indicator that draws rays from the highs of each bar. The chart looks great all at once but I'd like to be able to scroll it and see the indicator develop at each new bar. I also need to see into the future of the chart. So, I use a high value for the right side margin and I can see the future area. I can scroll the bars back and forth but my indicator shows the rays for all the data, visible and invisible. Is there a way to change the indicator so it only draws a ray for the visible bars while scrolling? Or, can you think of another way I can program it so I'd be able to scroll and see the rays being drawn one at a time, with each new bar, instead of all at once? I have tried to accomplish this by changing the end date of the data to get one new day at a time and see the effect but that takes such a long time. scrolling would be the best.

Thanks for any help
    Look at the code for my Heiken-Ashi indicator. It uses that technique. Search the indicators section of the forum.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AaronKoRn  
    Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post carnitron