Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom field in condition builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom field in condition builder

Hello,

I am writing custom indicator. And my client asked if could he have a custom action in condition builder in wizard for making new strategy.

Is this possible?
    Lets say that I need another version on "Bars ago" in my parameters list called "Bars ago2" that will return data based on some custom calculations.

Hello Huskz,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums! Unfortunately it is not possible to customize the actions available under the condition builder interface.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So solution is to make custom strategy?

Comment

A custom strategy is good if you want it to place orders. Any other action can use custom programming in an indicator. What type of custom action are you trying to create?

Comment

Well I did indicator similar to Swing Indicator. I also display High and Low swings.
          Customers idea is to get High or Low swing by their order of happening. Let say that in some period of time happened 4 high swings. Customer wants to get second high swing and use it in condition builder when planning a strategy.

Comment

OK, I see what you're looking for. The condition builder is a nice introduction to creating strategies, and is a front end to NinjaScript so that all the conditions you create in it can be viewed as code. Once you outgrow its capabilities, can click unlock code, and then would have the freedom to code any conditions you like.

You can work in code in either an indicator or a strategy. A strategy is used for order placement, and indicator code can be anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskz View Post
              Well I did indicator similar to Swing Indicator. I also display High and Low swings.
              Customers idea is to get High or Low swing by their order of happening. Let say that in some period of time happened 4 high swings. Customer wants to get second high swing and use it in condition builder when planning a strategy.
              If the swing data that you are talking about is publicly exposed, then you should be able to access it in the Strategy Builder.

Comment

Thanx guys for your help. I decided to build another custom indicator. this indicator will use my previous indicator and will calculate values accordingly

Comment

You're welcome, Huskz. Best of luck creating your new indicator and please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Noerclou, Today, 04:55 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Noerclou  
                  Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes