Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Vertical axis price display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical axis price display

I have a indicator that produces a large number (165,000.00). The number displays in the vertical axis as 165K. How can I get the number to be displayed without the "K" and displayed as165000.00?

Hello,

Is it the chart scale that is showing 165k, or is the actual plot showing 165k?

You should not see any shortening to the plot itself or the values that the indicator is outputting, however you may see cases where the scale will report 165k and cannot be changed at this time through any supported methods.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Wow, how disappointing that I can't control the resolution of a large number to a '1's' resolution on the vertical axis. I could easily do that with other charting platforms (TS & Meta).

Comment

We appreciate your feedback and it is user submissions just like yours that have contributed directly to the many enhancements made to NinjaTrader over the years. Your idea has been assigned ID # 1409 so we may track the progress of this request.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you. As with so many indicators, the plot is the desired feature of the indicator. However in my case the value is what I'm after not the shape of the plot. The plot gives me a way to get the value in the past using the data box. So for now I have divided the number by 10, which decreases the width of the displayed number which makes the number display to a 1's resolution in the space of the vertical axis. The vertical axis should be sizable by the user. This is my enhancement request. The real drag of this workaround is that I always have to remember that the number is one tenth of the real value.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post emuns