Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

buy/ sell pressure indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy/ sell pressure indicator

Does this indicator measure the relationship between the number of orders going of on bid/ask or the relationship between the volume of these orders?

Hello solaris,

It would be the relationship of the Bid and Ask

BuySellPressure Indicator
    The BuySellPressure indicator displays both the current bar's buying and selling pressure as percentage values based on the categorization of trades as buy or sell trades. Trades are categorized in real-time as a buy (at the ask or above) or as a sell (at the bid or below).... Trades in between the market are ignored The BuySellPressure indicator displays both the current bar's buying and selling pressure as percentage values based on the categorization of trades as buy or sell trades. Trades are categorized in real-time as a buy (at the ask or above) or as a sell (at the bid or below).... Trades in between the market are ignored
    Click here to read more about PowerVolume Indicators
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

You didn't answer my question. Is it the relationship between the number of trades going off or the relationship between volume?

Comment

solaris,

If you have additional questions, I would suggest looking at the core logic of this indicator by going to Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> BuySellPressure.

Code:
          if (Close[0] >= GetCurrentAsk())
             buys += tradeVol;
            else if (Close[0] <= GetCurrentBid())
             sells += tradeVol;
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi all..resurrecting this post bcos i'm not sure even after reading the script what += means so I don't understand if the numbers of trades are considered or the volume. Also would the time frame of the chart affect the value that I see on the indicator? many thanks

Comment

Hello percma,

Thanks for your post.

From the help guide, on the += assignment, x += y is equivalent to x = x + y. Please see: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...sic_syntax.htm
            Here is a further reference tpo the C# operator: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...nment-operator

Yes, the time frame would affect the value, you can observe this by creating two different time frame charts and checking the indicator on each.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Balage0922  
            Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
            0 responses