Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Storing and Reading Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing and Reading Data

I have successfully created my own chart overriding Plot() etc. Question now is how best to store my data? IE: everytime I hit F5, the chart refreshes, and I lose all my past data, and it starts all over again. What is the optimal way to do this? StreamReader/Writer? Storing in a DB table? I'm just asking what is the most optimal way, I've successfully used both methods, so I understand how to do it just not sure which is the "best" way to do this performance-wise, etc.

Hello funk101,

Unfortunately we do not have specific performance guidelines available. For implementation, you may want to look into this SQL sample provided by one of our members. May also want to look into the GOMI recorders available on these forums as well.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Which is better to distribute?

If one needs to store historical OnMarketDepth() / OnMarketData() bid/ask/volume info, is it better to do so via writing data to the filesystem using StreamReader/StreamWriter or simply recording rows in a database? Keeping in mind that this would be distributed as an indicator to clients. (I'm not asking 'how' to do it, just what is the 'better' way for distribution, opinions welcome.) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by funk101 View Post
        If one needs to store historical OnMarketDepth() / OnMarketData() bid/ask/volume info, is it better to do so via writing data to the filesystem using StreamReader/StreamWriter or simply recording rows in a database? Keeping in mind that this would be distributed as an indicator to clients. (I'm not asking 'how' to do it, just what is the 'better' way for distribution, opinions welcome.) :-)
        I will make a suggestion by asking a question or two.

How certain can you be that all your clients will either already have whatever database you are using installed, or be willing to install it?

Can you tolerate the loss of business from those who decline to install the database?

Comment

Well, along with the .NET runtime, and NT, doesn't an embedded SQL Server get distributed?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Option Whisperer  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes