Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rolling pivot indicator & 55-tick charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling pivot indicator & 55-tick charts

Hi all,

I'm new to trading. I was considering to download NT 7 and subscribe to Kinetick real time data feed for paper trading, at least for a while, before actually going live.

I'm going to use volume share bar charts and tick charts as well. My question is: how can I draw a rolling pivot line on a 55-tick charts in NT 7? By "rolling pivot line" I simply mean the mid-point of a standard 30-minutes bar, which is then horizontally drawn on a 55-tick chart up until the midpoint of the following 30-minutes bar sets in and again drawn on the 55-tick chart...

I already have it coded for Tradestation, but didn't find anything similar in the NT 7 indicators section. BTW, I'm sure NT 7 does support tick charts...

Really appreciating your help.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you from Italy

Hello,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum also Happy Holidays to you in Italy as well, hope it is filled with family and friends!

NinjaTrader 7 does support tick charts. For the indicator that you mention however you will need to have this custom coded. This will require a multi series indicator programming which is possible in NinjaTrader 7. You will either need to program this yourself or locate one from our 3rd party vendors.

You can also contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Support Forum:

Multi Series Programming:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for your kindly replying me, Brett.

I have one more question: I have Tradestation's ELD codes for two other customized indicators I intend to use in my trading. The fact is that such listings were originally developed for NT 6.5 version. Do you think they might be exported to NT 7.0 version or do I have to update them to the latest NT release?

TMD67

Comment

I would say 90 percent of most all indicators will work in 7 from 6.5. SO I would have to have you just try to import them. If they do not import then unfortunately a modification would need to be made.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post jgualdronc  
        Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Touch-Ups