Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Create an indicator for LRcrosses multitime frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create an indicator for LRcrosses multitime frame

I am able to use the strategy wizard but have not used the code to program something as I am not a programmer.

What I want to accomplish is an indicator based on two Data Series (two different time frames). Specifically I have a 1-minute chart with Data Series for 1minute and 3minutes. I am interested in creating a simple visual indicator that tells me every time the LR4 of the1minute crosses below and above the LR9 of the 3minutes with both going in the same direction.

Using the strategy wizard does not work as that only allows 1 time frame/1 Data Series.

How do I go about creating this? I would appreciate some guidance - formulated as simple to understand as possible. If something similar like this exists already and can be modified could possibly help me. I look forward to your suggestions.

sandman

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

This takes some more in depth manual programming to accomplish and cannot be done through the strategy wizard you are correct.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you Brett. That would involve too much of my time to study how to deal with the code. I found a different approach that works. Instead of using the LR9 from the 3minute chart I use an LR25 from the 1minute chart. Turns out they are pretty similar, and similar enough for my purposes.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post bltdavid  
      Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes