Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Basic Supertrend indicator information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Supertrend indicator information

Regarding the Supertrend indicator could someone please answer the following questions for me:

1) I have seen a reference to both the TSSupertrend indicator and the Supertrend indicator. Are these referring to the same indicator and does the TS refer to its origin on the TradeStation platform?

2) Does the Supertrend indicator correct some of the problems for trading with the Parabolic SAR and so could be considered a “better” indicator?

3) Could someone give me a link (or links) to the latest (which I presume is the “best”) version of this indicator and strategies?

Thank you.

rsuess1,

It may be best if you tried to get in contact with the original author of the script for clarification on what is what.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, no argument about trying to do that but being relatively new here that presents two problems for which I would appreciate help:
      1) how can I go about finding the original author and any other individuals who might have improved the indicator?
      2) in contacting individuals it appears that there are 2 choices and the difference between them is not clear:
      a) send a private email to the individual
      b) send email to the individual
      Please clarify the difference.

Comment

rsuess1,

If you go to the file sharing section and find the scripts you are trying to download, it will usually say a person's name next to it. That would generally be the original author and you can try sending them a private message or email. Just click on their name to get that info if they have shared it. Otherwise your best bet would be to just post directly on the thread where you find such discussion on SuperTrend, etc. We at NinjaTrader do not keep tabs on what each 3rd party indicator is so will unfortunately not be able to assist you. Good luck.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TS SuperTrend (TSST)

TS SuperTrend (TSST)has nothing to do with Trade Station. Newest version is from Trading Studies: http://tradingstudies.com/Downloads/SuperTrend.aspx

Personally I feel TSST is the best version publicly available and it is open code.

Originally posted by rsuess1 View Post
          Regarding the Supertrend indicator could someone please answer the following questions for me:

1) I have seen a reference to both the TSSupertrend indicator and the Supertrend indicator. Are these referring to the same indicator and does the TS refer to its origin on the TradeStation platform?

2) Does the Supertrend indicator correct some of the problems for trading with the Parabolic SAR and so could be considered a “better” indicator?

3) Could someone give me a link (or links) to the latest (which I presume is the “best”) version of this indicator and strategies?

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by NM_eFe, 04-30-2024, 06:14 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NM_eFe
          by NM_eFe

Started by Jonker, 04-27-2024, 01:19 PM
          2 responses