Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 Forum Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Forum Indicators

I installed NT7 this weekend. What I am finding is that none of the indicators that I have installed for NT6.5 from the Indicator Sharing Forum will work on NT7 without some adjustment.

While I am not a complete novice at programming, I also, do not want to spend all my time doing it as, I would prefer to trade.

Anyone have an idea when the indicators in the Forum will be updated for NT7. Simple is always better. Free is even better.

Hi rtj4201,

Thank you for your post.

Some of the indicators will in fact still work with NinjaTrader 7, you will just need to re-import them.

As for the ones that do need code-breaking changes, they will either need to be modified by you, or perhaps you could contact the creator and request they make them NT7 ready.

NinjaScript Code Breaking Changes
    Please review the list of code breaking changes at the following link - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=21016
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I like to use "ShowBidAsk". I tried to import but it says errors. I copied it to the new directory and recompiled. I got a 1501 error message and I did not fully understand what it was asking to modify.

Can you look at it and see if you can get it to compile?

Comment

Hi rtj4201,

Unfortunately, I was unable to import the files as well. Please contact the creator for more information.

Comment

i was wondering if there are any directions on what changes needed to be made in the code of a 6.5 indicator so it does work on NT 7.0. is it something we can do with ninja editor?

Comment

How to define an Input Series for an Indicator on Indicator?

Hello,

I could not find anything useful with my searches in the forum...

Is it available a very basic example which shows how to use an Input Series, to build an indicator based on another indicator?

Trying to clarify: suppose I want to create an indicator which allows me to draw a stock closing values + another user configurable indicator (e.g. closing values + ATR(20)) - if I define the ATR(20) as an input series, I suppose that Close[0] now refers to the ATR, not to the stock closing values, isn't it?
            So, how can I access the closing values, and also the new input series, at the same time?

Thanks in advance,

Paolo

Comment

For our code breaking changes docs please consult this link from the NT7 forums -

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

For calculating indicators on indicators, please check into our second coding tutorial - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                For calculating indicators on indicators, please check into our second coding tutorial - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html
                Hello again, the tutorial you refer to calculates

double average = SMA(VOL(), Period)[0];

but both the functions (VOL and SMA) are written in the source code.

If I want to get the Close value of the security, and add an indicator which is not written in the code, but passed as a parameter (Data/Input Series) in NT7 by the user, how can I access its values from inside the code?

Regards,

Paolo

Comment

Hi p_mid,

In the following tutorial...

you create your own historical data series, which is accessible in the code.

So, for example, this series can be...

Code:
                  myDataSeries.Set(ATR(2)[0] + Close[0])
                  then you can use this later...

Code:
                  double NewVar = myDataSeries[0]

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
                    you create your own historical data series, which is accessible in the code.

So, for example, this series can be...

Code:
                    myDataSeries.Set(ATR(2)[0] + Close[0])
                    then you can use this later...

Code:
                    double NewVar = myDataSeries[0]
                    Hi Tim,

thank you for your answer, but I'm missing a final link: I create myDataSeries, but how can I assign the external Input Series (see attached image) to it, so that myDataSeries is not written permanently in the code, but can be changed by the user as a parameter?

Regards,

Paolo
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi p_mid,

First, you will need to set the dataseries as a plot in the custom indicator to expose it to the GUI.

Then, from the GUI, you can pass in the custom indicator to another indicator by selecting the indicator name, then selecting the plot.

Comment

Hello Tim,

thank you for the reply, but this is not the information I am looking for.

I'll try to describe my doubt in another way:

1) I create a custom indicator, and add it to a graph, choosing a ticker (e.g. RIMM)

2) in the indicator parameters window, I set the Data/Input Series to RIMM
                        2.1) in this case, if from my code I read the values in the Input array, I get the Close values of the ticker

3) now, in the indicator parameters window, I set the Data/Input Series to, e.g., SMA(RIMM (Daily),14)
                        3.1) in this case, if from my code I read the values in the Input array, I get the SMA(Close) values
                        3.2) if I need to access, at the same time, also the original Close value, how can I retrieve it? Which is the data structure containing it? It is not Close, as I verified it contains the same data as Input, so I don't know where to look for it.

Thanks in advance,

Paolo

Comment

Hi p_mid,

Thanks for the update.

I still need a little clarification to see what you're ultimately after....

"if I need to access, at the same time, also the original Close value, how can I retrieve it?"

Which original close value are you after? The Close of your original dataseries? Close[0] would indeed give you the instruments close price.

Comment

How to define an Input Series fo Indicator on Indicator?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
                            Which original close value are you after? The Close of your original dataseries? Close[0] would indeed give you the instruments close price.
                            Hello,

yes, I'm looking for the Close of the original dataseries, and I thought, too, that Close[0] did contain it, but it seems it doesn't: I logged both Input[0] and Close[0], and they refer to the same data:

string lastValue1 = Convert.ToString(Input[0]);
                            string lastValue2 = Convert.ToString(Close[0]);
                            Log("Last Input :" + lastValue1 + " - Last Close :" + lastValue2, NinjaTrader.Cbi.LogLevel.Information);

--->

21/04/2010 14.56.06 Default Last Input :71,6713999999998 - Last Close :71,6713999999998
                            21/04/2010 14.56.06 Default Last Input :71,5729999999998 - Last Close :71,5729999999998

which is the value of the SMA, not of the original dataseries.

Comment

Hi p_mid,

I have a reply to your latest response, which I need to confirm with a colleague, you can expect an answer shortly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post llanqui
                              by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses