Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

we need indicators !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Winfrey View Post
    Now I have another cci that I am working on and am almost done with it. It uses a different formula to calculate the typical price. I have been using it on my trademaven charts and like it a lot. I use it to confirm patterns that I see on the main cci. like it a lot so far. However, I really want to use it with this adaptive CCI. My suspicion is that I will get better entry signals and less fakeout signals.....
    Could you explain a little bit more about this (and some screenshots eventually?)?

Thanks

Comment

Yes Heart I can...

The normal cci uses (high + low + close) /3 to calculate the typical price. I am using (max(high, n) + min(low, n) + close) /3. This formula is available in Trademaven charts but has to be coded in ninja. I've been using this other formula for a while now in a way that gives me confirmation of entries. So, I use the main cci to identify possible entries and the other cci is overlayed to confirm the entry. I actually use 4 other ccis overlayed.

Now to explain this formula a bit. As you know, you set up the cci to plot a line based on a period. Most seem to use 14 so that is what I'll use here. 'n' represents the number of bars that this formula uses to get the max high and min low. so, in other words, for this example we're using the cci14 plotted the way we know and 'love'. Then we have another cci14 overlayed. However, this cci14 uses the alternate formula with n=7 which means this cci14 is plotted using the max high and min low from the previous 7 bars. You will see in my screen shot that I have 4 alternate ccis displayed. n is equal to 3, 6, 9, and 12 to get the plot for those 4. You can do the same thing by using a different period for the cci. I suggest you do as I did when I first thought of this and just look at the chart for patterns that are confirmed by the alternate ccis.

Hope this makes sense.
      Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

So you take a woodie pattern (ZLR, Ghost, ....) only if all lines shows this pattern too?

Comment

no Heart I don't...woodies patterns are ok to take I guess but I don't require the other ccis to have the pattern. the trigger bar for all the ccis should be saying the same thing so to speak. sometimes, one of them may be flat or slightly pointing up when going short but the others really should be pointing down. take a look at momentum reversals. those have a tendency to be pretty good too. it just takes some effort to find what the supporting cast as I call them is saying. keep looking for things and you'll see what i mean. another place to look is at the swing highs and swing lows to start your study and then move out from there. the next thing you might look at are zlrs. those are a low percentage trade the way woodie defines them. however, look at them with the supporting cast. you will probably find that the ones that most of the unsuccessful ones are the ones where the supportting cast are going the wrong direction or they all say something different.

hope this helps.
          Mike

Comment

Any takers for porting these indicatorst to NT?

Attached Files

Comment

REI compile error in strategy

Originally posted by Gumphrie View Post
              Ok, here is my attempt. Perhaps someone can verify it against another platform.
              I'm having trouble making the REI work in a strategy. I'm trying to get it to print a dot on the chart when REI is increasing but I get a compile error "The name 'REI' does not exist in the current context".

I've done a similiar strategy to this with the Goslin Trigger and it worked fine but I don't know why I'm getting this error with REI.

Any suggestions?

Thnx

Comment

Rei

I haven't read the code-but this error message is usally the result of a difference in capitalization (REI <> Rei <> rEI, etc.) or REI is a method and needs to be referenced as REI()...
                Jim-Boulder
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Ok, here is my attempt. Perhaps someone can verify it against another platform.
                  How would one go about programing this indicator to change colors when it is increasing or decreasing. I know about the rising and falling functions but just don't know where to put them. I put a zero line in but that was a simple cut and paste. I like to see indicators that color change when they start off in a new direction and have changed the ema and sma and hma moving averages to include color but I'd like to figure out how to do it to more indicators such as the Goslin that you translated.

thnx
                  Mark

Comment

See the following educational reference sample.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Someone asked me 200$ for a keltner Chanel hmm?

Someone asked me 200$ for a keltner Chanel hmm?
                      Last edited by Elmi; 05-29-2008, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Help!

Gumphrie, I confess I am absolutely, utterly hopeless at programming, but I do know a thing or two about trading.

I have thought of an indicator that would help me and others massively, but I don't believe it exists at present... and it's a straightforward combination of existing Ninjatrader indicators! If you could knock this together, I'd be eternally grateful. I call it the trend drawdown indicator

It should be a simple bar chart (plot) at the footer of a chart, together with the zig zag indicator overlaid on the prices. To work out the plot:

when zig zag> zig zag 1 bar ago & zig zag 1 bar ago < zig zag 2 bars ago
                        swinghigh=current high, otherwise swinghigh is as per Ninjatrader indicator

when zig zag< zig zag 1 bar ago & zig zag 1 bar ago > zig zag 2 bars ago
                        swinglow=current low, otherwise swinglow is as per Ninjatrader indicator

when zig zag> zig zag 1 bar ago
                        if swinglow<swinglow 1 bar ago, plot= swinghigh-swinglow.
                        if not plot=this bar's high-low

when zig zag< zig zag 1 bar ago)
                        if swinghigh>swinghigh 1 bar ago, plot= swinghigh-swinglow.
                        if not plot=this bar's high-low

the user should be able to enter the same variables of the zig zag and the swing indicator when applying it to a chart

Why is this useful? Well, if you're a trend trader, you want to let your trades run as long as possible, and trailing stops are a great way of doing this. But you want to keep a stop wide enough to give a trade room to breathe, but close enough to stop you out if you're wrong.

THis indicator would give you a great indication of the biggest drawdowns an optimal trade in the direction of trend would incur - and therefore how big your stop should be.

It's far far better than a simple ATR-based stop, because it takes into account the direction of the trend and it shows the full range of maximum drawdowns, not the average. It would also show you in certain market conditions where trailing stops are massively going to hamper your profits.

Really hope you can help out!

Comment

Can you give couple of charts to explain this in visual, which and which is not your point ?

Comment

Sure, have a look at this. It's a simple chart with zig zag and swing applied.

Now, there are several trends. Each one is a blue line - I've marked off an example.

IN the example marked, it's an uptrend, so I want to know what's the maximum value in pips of a trailing stop that you keep you in the trade from the start of the line to the end.

I think the swing indicator would be the best way to work this out - effectively, whenever a new high is made, what's the lowest point that follows it? THe different between the two is the counterswing if you like. Then repeat for every new high you receive.

When in a downtrend, just work out the opposite.

I think the logic above would produce what I want, but I'm no programmer so don't hold me to it!

By triphop at 2008-06-01
                            Last edited by triphop; 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Could you please help me making this compatible with NT?

I am a programmer first and trader second. If someone wants to give me some indicators to translate into Ninjascript I'll give it a go for free if I can use them too.
                              Could you please help me making this compatible with NT?
                              Inputs: BandDays(28), DevConstant(3.5);

Variables: BandTop(0), BandMid(0), BandBot(0), expSmoothPrice(0);
                              Variables: expSmoothRange(0);

IF (CURRENTBAR = 1) THEN
                              BEGIN
                              expSmoothPrice = CLOSE ;
                              expSmoothRange = HIGH-LOW ;
                              END ELSE
                              BEGIN
                              expSmoothPrice = (expSmoothPrice*(BandDays-1)+CLOSE)/BandDays ;
                              expSmoothRange = (expSmoothRange*(BandDays-1)+(HIGH-LOW))/BandDays ;
                              END ;

BandTop = expSmoothPrice+(expSmoothRange*DevConstant) ;
                              BandMid = expSmoothPrice ;
                              BandBot = expSmoothPrice-(expSmoothRange*DevConstant) ;
                              PLOT1 (BandTop, "TBand Top") ;
                              PLOT2 (BandMid, "TBand Mid") ;
                              PLOT3 (BandBot, "TBand Bot") ;

Regards

Comment

I am a programmer first and trader second. If someone wants to give me some indicators to translate into Ninjascript I'll give it a go for free if I can use them too.
                                Hi Gumprie,

I like this indicator, and look for it. Can you develop that can show weekly and monthly fibo range as well?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Massinisa  
                                Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Creamers