Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dot color problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dot color problem

Plots perfectly but all the dots are green

protected override void Initialize()
    {
    Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.SpringGreen), PlotStyle.Dot, "Plot0"));
    Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Red), PlotStyle.Dot, "Plot1"));
    }

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {
    if (CurrentBar < 1)
    return;

if(a > 0 && b > 0)
    {
    Plot0.Set(High[0]);
    }

if (a < 0 && b < 0)
    {
    Plot1.Set(High[0]);
    }

}

it's probably something silly
    Last edited by tortexal; 06-20-2009, 11:24 PM.

tortexal, are your conditions properly triggering the Plot1 part? Perhaps you also need to add a neutral Plot as in this sample - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3227
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

you may be right on the neutral/inbetween dot. I output window'd all the math again to confirm and it's correct. For the time being I made another indicator to plot the 2nd part separately, both now work as they should. I will try the neutral dot AH and report back

Comment

Im trying to create a predictive average with dots, ensign has such an indicator but I have no idea how to write. Been trying all morning and downloaded your 3 color MA which is very close I just cant open to see how to write it...could you help please? thanks.
        Bert

Comment

Welcome to our support forums bert1 - you can open the downloaded indicator by going to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator. This will open the NinjaScript editor and you can review and amend the code you have. For some great tutorials regarding indicator coding in NinjaScript, please check this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

Comment

thank you, unfortunately the code I have is drop down boxes, some Ive spent last 6 hours trying to create this. I'll look again at this turtorial but so far it hasnt sunk in. :-(

Thanks
            Al

Comment

You can also take a look at the sharing section to see if it has already been created - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...splay.php?f=37

If you need this professionally coded for you, I suggest you contact one of those consultants - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

thank you for your help, much appreciated
                Bert

Comment

One last question, I have an indicator that came from Metatrader based on RSI...Is a code from Meta very difficult to translate for ninja? Also it may be possible that I can get the code for tradestation on same indicator, would that be closer to the ninja language?
                  Thanks again
                  Bert

Comment

Hard to say per se, depends on how familiar you are with MQL4 or Easy Language...most of the needed functions and methods are available per default with NinjaTrader, so I guess the TradeStation code might be easier to follow for a conversion / recreation of the indicator using NinjaScript.

Comment

Thanks, I got a copy of the tradestation code, its a simple idea. Ive been through the tutorials but still dont see how to create plots over an indicator. What I trying is this, Id like to use the RSI as the base indicator without showing the RSI line...but rather use several EMA's based on RSI to create a cross similar to MACD. Could you perhaps give me a starting point by posting a code similar to this idea?

Thanks Again
                      Bert

Comment

Hi Bert, here's a quick idea to get you started - open the MACD indicator, right click in it and save it under a new name. Then replace instances of the code Input with RSI(C, 10, 1) and leave the [0] part intact, as you need this as a double value. Then hit F5 to compile your new code....this should give you a MACD running on RSI...feel free to play around with other combinations and parameters as you need it.

Comment

thanks, tried it but maybe not changing "Input" correctly as it looks excactly like regular MACD. Its this that I trying to acomplish...use RSI as base indicator but only show 3 EMA's that are offset of each other and derived from the RSI values. Ive played around with this to the point of giving up. I used the tutorial of SMA on VOL but it's not even close to working as I get errors when I use // Use this method for calculating your indicator values. Assign a value to each
                          // plot below by replacing 'Close[0]' with your own formula.
                          Plot0.Set(RSI(14, 1)[0]);
                          Plot1.Set(Plot0[0]);
                          Plot2.Set(Plot1[0]);
                          I have tradestation code is there a way to translate it to ninja trader?

Comment

bert1, you can delete Plot1 and Plot2 and just try this as a start in the OnBarUpdate() -

Code:

Plot0.Set(MACD(RSI(Close, 10, 1), 10, 20, 5)[0]);
                            An EMA of this would look like this -

Code:
                            Plot0.Set(EMA(MACD(RSI(Close, 10, 1), 10, 20, 5), 10)[0]);

Comment

Thanks Again, I think its working!!! :-)
                              Bert

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post futtrader  
                              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes