Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

export Instrument Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

export Instrument Manager

Good morning,
    is it possibile to export the settings of the acronyms that i have created in 'instrument manager?
    I created in my Ninja 250 acronyms of European equities (image attached A2A) that I would like to export to another Ninja into another my computer.
    Thank you.
    Roberto
    Attached Files

Hello Italy, and thank you for your question. The grid inside the instrument manager, like any grid in NinjaTrader, can be exported to an excel spreadsheet by either right-clicking on it -> grid -> Export to Excel, or by selecting it and pressing ctrl + m . The list of symbol names can then be pulled out of the Excel spreadsheet. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do not want to export to Excel!
      With Ninja to create a new European equity initials for example "ENEL" an Italian title, I have to do: Tools> Instrument Manager> New. Then, I have to fill in all the fields as in the attached images. In this way, I created 250 new European Stocks acronyms (Italian, French, German, Dutch and Spanish). I want to export all the new acronyms (250) on another computer, where I installed another Ninja. It would not, on the other computer, again manually recreate all 250 acronyms. It's possible to do it?
      Thank you.
      Roberto
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Italy,

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
        This customer would like to be able to export and import all the instruments on a list at once, to make it easier to copy custom instruments between installations
        I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Hello Italy,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1603

In the meantime, I would like to mention that all the instruments you add through the instrument manager are inside your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader X\db\NinjaTrader.sdf , where X can be 7 or 8 currently. You can copy this file onto another computer running the same version of NinjaTrader to copy all your instruments along with it.

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes