Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Standalone strategy bot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standalone strategy bot

Does the NT platform need to stay open while the strategy is running for the trades to be made in live mode? Is there a way to install the strategy either as a service or have an ability to start it like a regular app? I want to be able to deploy it across multiple cloud servers and have them run simultaneously. Will I need to install and open NT on every server?

Originally posted by debarr76 View Post
    Does the NT platform need to stay open while the strategy is running for the trades to be made in live mode?
    Yes.

Is there a way to install the strategy either as a service or have an ability to start it like a regular app?
    No.

I want to be able to deploy it across multiple cloud servers and have them run simultaneously. Will I need to install and open NT on every server?
    Yes.

A strategy is not a standalone app kind of thing.

Both strategies and indicators are basically plugins.

As with most plugins, the host program environment for the plugin must be running in order to run the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
      Yes.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by debarr76 View Post
      I want to be able to deploy it across multiple cloud servers and have them run simultaneously. Will I need to install and open NT on every server?
      Yes.

As with most plugins, the host program environment for the plugin must be running in order to run the plugin.
      I think debarr76 would be in violation running a 2nd instance of NT8 on any machine with the same key. He'd probably need separate keys.

Now if his bot network does not need to run NT on each server and communicates with the host which is the only running NT, then debarr76 is fine with 1 license key.

Also of issue - if the data provider allows more than 1 log in- he might need multiple accounts for that too... this whole thing is getting sketchy as it stands, imho.

Comment

Hello debarr76,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader must be running in order to use the strategies. Some users consider using Virtual Private Server options to run their systems.

Comment

Hello debarr76,

If you are interested in Virtual Private Server services for use within NinjaTrader, you can check the link I have provided below which shows the Virtual Private Server partners in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem:

You can also investigate Speedy Trading Servers at the link below:
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I was actually thinking of setting up a Windows AWS instance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey