Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw Rectangle Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Rectangle Problems

Hello,
    I cannot get rectangles to draw on my charts if using DateTimes in the call to Draw.Rectangle (anymore - recently it was working fine). Rectangles are drawn correctly if I use barsAgo indexing. What have I done?

Code:
            protected override void OnBarUpdate()
            {
                if (CurrentBar < 1)
                    return;

// this does not work
                Draw.Rectangle(this, CurrentBar.ToString(), Time[1], Open[0], Time[0], Close[0], Brushes.Red); 

// this does work
                // Draw.Rectangle(this, CurrentBar.ToString(), 1, Open[0], 0, Close[0], Brushes.Red); 
            }
    Last edited by nedlloyd; 04-04-2016, 05:11 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the report.

I do see in the current public build of b10 this does not currently work. After further testing on the internal build, I do see this is working so it appears to be resolved with the changes for the next update.

Unfortunately I do not have a time frame for the next beta update, but once it is released please check the sample you provided to ensure the change is working.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse,
      I believe it was working on b9, so how do i revert back to that build? Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It would not be suggested to move backwards with version on the beta as much has changed. In the case you did, any information you provide for a bug report would be invalid as no one at NinjaTrader is using that version any longer.

Unfortunately all I could suggest at the moment would be to use the working overload set, once the new beta is released you could change to the Time based overload set. NinjaTrader 8 is currently in beta so items like this are possible to occur.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in 10 and having this same issue. Any resolution yet?

Comment

Hello funk101,

Please see post 2 of this thread, I noted that this does not currently work in beta 10 but was resolved in an internal candidate. That would resolve to beta 11.

If you are currently using beta 10, you are on an older version. You would first need to ensure you are on the current beta and then test again.

You can find an up to date list of betas at the following page: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...en-us/beta.htm

Comment

Ok, just downloaded the 11 beta, and on opening I get these errors from a couple of my Custom Drawing Tools, which I've never gotten before.

Code:
              NinjaScript File	Error	Code	Line	Column
              'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.ChartAnchor' does not contain a definition for 'ClearMoveDelta' and no extension method 'ClearMoveDelta' accepting a first argument of type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.ChartAnchor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	CS1061	302	12

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It seems there may be a problem with the version of one of the custom references in this case potentially. For this I would either suggest emailing me at platform support @ ninjatrader.com to schedule a remote assistance call. Or you could try to open the NinjaScript editor, right click and select References and provide an image of the rows in that window. This may or may not be a reference error, I am unsure by what was provided on the exact cause at this point.

Comment

Attached is an image of the References
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Everything seems to be present that should be, for this error I would likely need to review the custom folder to see what specifically happened.

Please email me at platformsupport @ ninjatrader.com in reference to ticket 1493467. I would like to do a remote session to address this error.

Comment

That "Draw.Rectangle()" using DateTime is working, but does not resolve my issue. As we discussed, I will move on to recreating the indicator utilizing SessionIterator and see if I can get it happening, thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post techgetgame  
                      Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sephichapdson