Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Wavy Tunnel Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wavy Tunnel Indicators

I'm not familiar with the NT C++ language and I'd appreciate some help. I'm trying to create a bundle of indicators that use the indicators that are already built into NT, but have specific parameters. Is there an easy way to change parameters in these indicators or can someone code and bundle them for me? Thanks.

There are the indicators.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Wavy Tunnel Plus Parameters.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	904615

Name:	Semaphores.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	904616
    Last edited by StockJock; 01-16-2016, 04:30 PM.

Hey Stock John,

There is an easy way to change the parameters on the built in indicators that come with NT.

Starting at the Control Panel window: Left click 'Tools', left click 'Edit NinjaScript', then left click 'Indicators'.

This will open a box with all of the built in indicators. Scroll through the list and find the one you want, left click on it then left click 'Open'

In order to make a change to it, you will have to first change the name of the indicator. Simply right click anywhere in an open area of the indicator, this will open a dialog box, select 'Save As', then rename the indicator as anything you like. (You cannot edit the preprogrammed indicator itself so you have to first change its name.)

After you have changed the name...Look near the top and you will see "Variables". Now, look on the far left side on the same line as "Varibles' and you will see a 'plus' (+) sign next to the number. Click on the 'plus' sign and it will open the Variables. This is where you will make the changes to any parameters. Most likely you will make the change on a line that is a private int.

After making your changes, you will have to Compile. You can either right click in an open area, scroll down and find "Compile'...or simple hit F5 on your keyboard.

I highly suggest that you go slow, compile often and document the changes you have made in case you run into a problem.

Good Luck,

phoenix
    Last edited by phoenix; 01-16-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hello StockJock,
      Phoenix's reply is correct in his instructions on how you can make changes to these indicators.
      If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
      A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._resources.htm

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
      Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples:http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=30
      Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3229

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom strategies, indicators, and addons that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...splay.php?f=37

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, we do have partners through our partner affiliate that may be able to create this for you. Please let me know if you would like to get in touch with one of them.
      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached are two charts with the Wavy Tunnel II indicator on them. One chart is from NT8 and the other is from ThinkOrSwim (TOS). On TOS on the lower chart, I have an indicator that is called Bungee with all the indicators listed in the above chart. However, I am unable to merge them together on NT8 as I did on TOS. How can I do that? I've attached the Wavy Tunnel II template with a txt extension. To use it change the extension to xml.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by StockJock; 05-07-2021, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Hello StockJock,

I can't give much input with the template without having the indicators to test it with, but looking at the screenshot, everything that I see looks to be the same as the ThinkOrSwim chart. (Indicators residing in three panels including the price panel.)

The charting documentation below can help to point out how to move indicators around on a chart.

Chart Panels - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...art_panels.htm

Editting Indicator parameters - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...torsParameters

Drag and Drop Chart Objects - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...opChartObjects

If this doesn't help, could you clarify on what you mean by "merging" the indicators together? It may help to draw on the screenshots to point out what you are looking to change.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
            Hello StockJock,

I can't give much input with the template without having the indicators to test it with, but looking at the screenshot, everything that I see looks to be the same as the ThinkOrSwim chart. (Indicators residing in three panels including the price panel.)

The charting documentation below can help to point out how to move indicators around on a chart.

Chart Panels - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...art_panels.htm

Editting Indicator parameters - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...torsParameters

Drag and Drop Chart Objects - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...opChartObjects

If this doesn't help, could you clarify on what you mean by "merging" the indicators together? It may help to draw on the screenshots to point out what you are looking to change.
            All the indicators in the template come standard with NT8. The indicators in the template are customized for parameters only. If you place the template in the charts folder, you should be able to use it. Remember to change the template's extension from txt to xml. This website doesn't allow to upload files with xml so I temporarily changed it to txt.

In the chart image above, the Bungee indicator is shown. In a previous post I've shown you how it looks in TOS and that its not happening in NT8. In the table above shows all the indicators in the Bungee lower panel. I don't know how much clearer I can explain it.

Comment

Hello StockJock,

I had misunderstood and thought Bungee was a third party indicator.

When I load the template, I get the result in the first screenshot below.

Name:	NinjaTrader_2021-05-07_09-24-52.png
Views:	1294
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1155137

Do you mean you want the purple WilliamsR plot to be overlaid over the other indicators in the same panel instead of adjusting that panel's scale? You could change that indicator's Scale Justification property to Overlay to achieve this.

The only other difference I spot is that the EMA 165 and EMA 144 plots are autoscaling the chart, which is not done in the ThinkOrSwim chart.

Name:	NinjaTrader_2021-05-07_09-25-15.png
Views:	1239
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1155138

If I am overlooking something, could you point out the specific indicator which is you would like to change and elaborate on what specifically you want to see different?

I look forward to assisting.

Comment

Perfect. Thanks very much. That's exactly what I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by StockJock View Post
                  Attached are two charts with the Wavy Tunnel II indicator on them. One chart is from NT8 and the other is from ThinkOrSwim (TOS). On TOS on the lower chart, I have an indicator that is called Bungee with all the indicators listed in the above chart. However, I am unable to merge them together on NT8 as I did on TOS. How can I do that? I've attached the Wavy Tunnel II template with a txt extension. To use it change the extension to xml.
                  Sobre indicadores de túnel ondulado Oi amigo eu estou comecando agora na plaforma ninja trader e nao sei como configurar as médias móveis para colocar o tunnel ondulado no meu gráfico. Eu também nao sei colocar os Awesome Oscilador. Voce pode me ajudar? Eu já tentei de todas as formas configurar as médias móveis para o tunnel ondulado e a plataforma nao me permite.

Translation from Deepl.com:

About wave tunnel indicators Hi friend I am just starting on the ninja trader platform and I don't know how to configure the moving averages to put the wave tunnel on my chart. I also don't know how to put the Awesome Oscillator. Can you help me? I have tried all the ways to configure the moving averages for the wavy tunnel and the platform doesn't allow me.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 05-30-2022, 06:05 AM. Reason: Added message translation

Comment

Hello mendeskarina,

The file shared is the contents of a chart template.

You would need to download the TXT file that StockJock uploaded, and rename it to so it has a file extension of XML.

Then you would need to drop it in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Chart\ folder.

Once the template is installed, you may then right click on the chart and select Load Template to load the template, and the indicators will be added and configured as per the template.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Delerium  
                    Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes