Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Noob, Compile of any Inicator errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob, Compile of any Inicator errors

Hi,

Im looking at changing over to NT from ctrader and have programmed in a couple other platforms also.
    Im having problems with some basics to get started. I tried to compile some sample code from a forum, and it wouldnt compile showing errors.
    I tried the deleting and re-adding of the reference Ninjatrader.Vendor.dll and it made no difference, so I thought maybe this code is no good.
    so then tried to compile on a standard indicator included in NT and it has the same errors.
    Also tried to delete the dll, and added the other copy of the vendor.dll from the programfiles/NT ...etc directory, and same errors still.
    Heres a screen shot of what Im upto, not sure what to try next.
    Attached Files

Hello Efffect,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Double click on one of the errors and it will open the problem file. Then double click on each error to see what lines and elements are missing or incorrect. If you cannot figure the errors from there, then attach a screenshot of the errors in the actual file that is causing the errors.

Comment

HI support, thanks for the quick reply.

I actually sorted this after I read this thread about something related:

Just if anyone else can learn from this, the code I got from a forum has some error in it, and I didnt realise that if the compiler couldnt find the right dll file that it somehow can effect the other indicators from being able to complie.too.So I started looking along the lines of my platform has a bad install or something, since this was the first time tried to compile on NT.

So I just removed the new indicator and all was solved, then reworked the forum indictor again and that now works too.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
      1 response
      0 likes