Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SendMail Test Timing Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SendMail Test Timing Out

After extensive research and testing I still have not gotten SendMail test to work.

I'm trying to Send Mail via smtp.verizon.net Port 465 with SSL as this is the only port Verizon will let me send outgoing email. I have quadruple checked my password and username.

I made sure to turn my modem's firewall off and I can connect to smtp.verizon.net 465 via telnet, so there isn't a block in my system.

This leads me to believe it is an issue on Ninjatrader's end.

When I click test and look at the log's I get a default category "Failed to send test mail: The operation has timed out."

Any clues would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi oliver1337,

I will research this and get back to you once I have a solution.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi oliver1337,

I have been unable to locate a working configuration for Verizon email addresses. On the configuration page for your email account, do you see an option to do something like 'Allow less secure apps' or to remove any sort of two-step verification? I don't have a Verizon email to test on my end, otherwise I would let you know specifically where to find these options.
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi AlexC,

Thanks for getting back to me. There are no settings like that of gmail for Verizon and I have been on their customer support line all evening to no avail.

Interesting thing is these settings (smtp.verizon.net) port 465 and SSL work for Outlook. Which again points me to think it is Ninjatrader issue.

But at this point I'm stumped, any ideas?

Comment

Hi oliver1337,

If you would, could you send in your config.xml file to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com?

* You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
          * (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

In the body of your message, please copy/paste the URL of this thread and also write "ATTN: Alex"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lucasmelo152, 06-28-2021, 12:51 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Ymcapital  
          Started by Creamers, 04-27-2024, 05:32 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Creamers