Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Where should put related external DLL file for NT running them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should put related external DLL file for NT running them?

I write a DLL called myorder.dll. Which have other dependencies, forex.dll, loadElement.dll and so on.

I put myorder.dll, forex.dll, loadElement.dll in the bin/Custom folder together.
    I am able to use NT editor to compile . cs file with myorder.dll. But when I ran it, it show me cannot find myorder.dll's dependencies. It means NT cannot find forex.dll, loadElement.dll. But the three dll files are in the same folder.

where should I put a dll file's dependencies in?

error:
    Could not load file or assembly 'myorder.dll, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Last edited by Neoxu; 08-13-2015, 07:11 PM.

Hello Neoxu,

Thank you for writing in.

Please make sure you have referenced the required assemblies by navigating to Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator -> [select any indicator] -> Right click in the code editor window that pops up -> Select References
    You should see myorder.dll, forex.dll, loadElement.dll etc. listed, if not, please click Add to add each required assembly.

Please let me know if the problem persists after trying the above.
    Thank you in advance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Originally posted by Neoxu View Post
      I write a DLL called myorder.dll. Which have other dependencies, forex.dll, loadElement.dll and so on.

I put myorder.dll, forex.dll, loadElement.dll in the bin/Custom folder together.
      I am able to use NT editor to compile . cs file with myorder.dll. But when I ran it, it show me cannot find myorder.dll's dependencies. It means NT cannot find forex.dll, loadElement.dll. But the three dll files are in the same folder.

where should I put a dll file's dependencies in?

error:
      Could not load file or assembly 'myorder.dll, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      Have you created the reference for the dll's by using the NinjaScript Editor?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888