Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating a Alert after a certain candlestick move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Alert after a certain candlestick move

Hello,

I am wondering.. is there a way that I can create a sound alert that may alert me after 3 consecutive buy candlesticks or sell candlesticks? I am using a tick chart and it would be really nice to hear an alert when it creates 3 candlesticks in a row.. Hope this is not too hard.. i suck with computer programming :/

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

Thank you for writing in. You can create a strategy which you can apply to the chart which will alert you when specific conditions are met. I am not aware of the conditions you personally use to determine if a candlestick is a buy candlestick or a sell candlestick.

Please follow this video tutorial on creating sound alerts using the strategy wizard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0s4-sVyD4

Then you would add and enable the strategy you created onto your chart.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Another Question

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I figured out how to get this part done.. I am now wondering if its possible to have ninja trader automatically put a marker on my candlestick chart everytime a certain amount of contracts get bought or sold.. for example would it be possible to have it put a marker on my candlestick chart everytime 150 buy contracts or sold contracts get bought or sold? Just wondering. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Hello mrxdaviepoo,

If you are tracking whether your own strategy has bought or sold more than 150 contracts, then it is easy to draw a dot. You simply need to use the DrawDot() method: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...t7/drawdot.htm

Then you would have a counter that increments everytime an order is filled. See the OnExecution() method for this: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nexecution.htm. Then check if the counter is greater than (">") 150, and if so DrawDot() and reset the counter.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes