Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy and sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy and sell

Hi,
    I am new in NT ( some days of programming). I have some issues while writing my first stratégies. The help guide is very good, but I can't found any reference for how to submit to the market a buy and a cell order at the same time. I have the impression that NT automatically close my positions when it found this situation. I can't really figure out what's wrong.
    I want then also to have some references about the Trace messages of NT and the level of tracing for the programmer, which gonna make me face such situations by myself in the future.
    Thank you for your help,
    R.E.

Hello snoppss,

Thank you for your note.

You would need to use the Unmanaged approach for your strategies to submit an order to each side of the market at the same time.

Or you could wait until the specific price point is reached on either side and then submit the proper buy or sell market order.

For information on the order entry method approaches please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...er_methods.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you for your answer,

The problem with the unmanaged approach is that I don't really get the risks of a such approach, I want, if possible, to know which methods I have to override to make it safe for a real use.
      I can't use your solution because in fact the orders will be raised at different times but with a risk of concurrency, and because of the comissions and other problems of the market I prefer to don't cancel orders and resubmit them.

I have a last question about the limit order. Is it possible to submit a limit order to the market with a condition and not a price of execution?

Thank you for your help,
      R.E.

Comment

Hello snoppss,

Thank you for your response.

I have a last question about the limit order. Is it possible to submit a limit order to the market with a condition and not a price of execution?
        No, Limit Orders must be submitted to a price level.

The problem with the unmanaged approach is that I don't really get the risks of a such approach, I want, if possible, to know which methods I have to override to make it safe for a real use.
        I do not follow, please provide further details.

I can't use your solution because in fact the orders will be raised at different times but with a risk of concurrency, and because of the comissions and other problems of the market I prefer to don't cancel orders and resubmit them.
        Why would you need to re-submit the orders?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post LawrenHom  
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade