Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Madbb not autoscaling correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madbb not autoscaling correctly

I have downloaded the MACDBBLines indicator and it does not seem to be autoscaling correctly. On the e-minis it plots running out of the panel. On the CL it plots correctly. On the 6E it plots as a line. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you

Hello davetozier,

Thank you for your post.

Can you attach a screenshot of the differences on your charts?

Comment

Macd issues

Thank you for your reply. I have attached 4 files which should help clarify the issue.

Interestingly a temporary work around has been to load the regular MACD into panel 2, load the MACDlines into panel 3, drag panel 2 into panel 3 and then set all the parameters of the regular MACD to the background color and to 1. Then the MACDlines works fine. This may help to figure out what is messed up.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by davetozier; 07-19-2015, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Hello,

If you are overlaying the MacdBBLines over a MACD, this is likely the cause.

When the scale is not working correctly, can you look in the indicators properties at each of the indicators and see which is the first set to the panel.
        I.E. you added the BBLINES so it is on panel 2 and then added the MACD also on panel 2 but added after BBLINES .

Also check what each of the Scale Justification is set to.

If the two scales do not align and are very different values, depending on the order added and the Scale Justification this can cause what you are seeing.

Based on your description, it sounds like you just need to add these in the reverse order that you are to generate the problem, the BBlines would be added first and then the MACD overlaid on the BBLINES.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was not overlaying the MACD's when I had the problem. That is how I solved it for now. For some reason the MACDbblines is behaving correctly when I do that and the MACD, which is greyed out does not scale correctly because it was in panel 2. Its something about panel 2 I think.

Also both scale justifications are set to "right" which is default I believe.
          Last edited by davetozier; 07-20-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Hello,

In the images I can see the small F located in the upper right of the indicators panel.

If you click the F does this resolve the issue or have you manually scaled the panel so that you can see the indicators?

Comment

Yes this does fix the issue. Thank you. Wow, something so simple. What is that "F"anyway?

Comment

Hello,

The F stands for Fixed scaling which would be the inverse of the charts default which is to AutoScale.

It Locks the scale when you manually adjust the chart which makes it easier to use, once you are done looking at a manually scaled chart you can click the F to allow the chart to control the scale again.

Comment

Thank you,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM