Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ReadAllText - String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReadAllText - String

Hi,

I have not attempted to use this method to read a text file that contains a combination of 2 letters and a number, for example AB1 before and not sure if I can. Obviously it is not an integer or double and I can't use string.Parse(s), the error message I am getting in the output window is "Input string was not in a correct format."

Can anyone offer any help as to how I could read this text document.

Regards,
    suprsnipes

Originally posted by suprsnipes View Post
    Hi,

I have not attempted to use this method to read a text file that contains a combination of 2 letters and a number, for example AB1 before and not sure if I can. Obviously it is not an integer or double and I can't use string.Parse(s), the error message I am getting in the output window is "Input string was not in a correct format."

Regards,
    suprsnipes
    I think your best bet would be to use a LINQ expression for this -
    Code:
    string input = AB1;
    string output = new String(input.Where(c => c < '0' || c > '9').ToArray());
    This will take the entire string of input and then skip over the numeric values of the string and grab the other characters and through them into a new string.

Comment

Originally posted by suprsnipes View Post
      Hi,

Regards,
      suprsnipes
      Why not? "AB1" is a string, not a concatenation of a string and an int, which would be meaningless anyway, as those 2 entities are completely different objects. Just read it as the string that it is and be done with it.

Comment

Why not? "AB1" is a string, not a concatenation of a string and an int, which would be meaningless anyway, as those 2 entities are completely different objects. Just read it as the string that it is and be done with it.
        I'm sure this is simple but I'm not sure how to do this. What object should I be using and instead of using the following? What do I need to change?

Code:
        // Saves the first value
        if (splitCounter == 2)
        {
        upcomingPhase = double.Parse(s);
        }
        Regards,
        suprsnipes

Ok. Obviously I'm not a programmer but whilst waiting for a reply I come across an example that simply uses 's' and changing the variable to a string works, thanks for the hint koganam.
        Last edited by suprsnipes; 05-15-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Hello suprsnipes,

I am glad you were able to figure this out and thanks to koganam for the assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jculp
          by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes