Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stategy wizard multiple time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stategy wizard multiple time frame

I suck at C++ and have limited knowledge of it.

Because I can't write code, is there a way I can create a new strategy that would incorporate multiple time frames. I want to use a daily chart with the EMA (10) as a filter of trades, but I want to also use a 5 minute tick chart.

Also how can I use a moving average with displacement? I see offset, but that is vertical offset I think? I'm looking for horizontal displacement. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

Using the strategy wizard, this would not be possible to create a multi-time frame strategy. This would be something you would need to manually code using NinjaScript.

NinjaScript is C# programming language which is different and to most quite a bit easier than C++.
    If you would like I can provide some good learning resources on NinjaScript and C# if you are trying to learn it.

For the moving average, when you apply the indicator, in its properties you will see "Displacement". This can be positive of a negative amount of bars to displace the visual aspect of the indicator.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you show me where "Displacement" is? I can't find that anywhere. I'm sure that I'm just overlooking it. Thanks

Comment

Also if you could show me those resources on Ninja Script, thanks

Comment

Nvm, I see what you are saying about displacement. I meant using displacement in the strategy wizard for a moving average? is that possible?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

The displacement is only visual, that you would need to do manually from the chart using the indicator. Or if programmed it can be specified in an indicator.

This is only visual, are you referring to an amount of bars ago? in the wizard it will use the actual data to do comparisons, so if you are looking to compare data X bars ago, it would not be displacement but rather the BarsAgo property.

As far as resources go, NinjaScript is just C# programming language, the term NinjaScript refers to a set of methods for controlling aspects of NinjaTrader.

If you want to learn c# a good starting resource is this page: http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/C_Sharp_Essentials

Sections 5 - 11 are the most relevant to NinjaTrader.

Additionally there is a large resource in the help guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._reference.htm

And also on the forum: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=30

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, not bars ago. Actually displacement. Thanks, so I guess I would have to write the script to specify the actually amount of displacement.

Comment

Also can check this post for NT multi time frames sample codes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno